MAP20: Red Recluse (Slaughterfest 3)
|Slaughterfest 3 maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- When you enter the main building, go up the steps and you will soon see an invulnerability and colored bars across a pit. Carefully go on the nearest platform, then west to another one. Then gently drop to the north and you should land on a radiation suit below. (sector 801)
- Get the red key (from Secret #1, head north to the spider mastermind, then use the tucked away switch on the right to make it appear to the east), then head all the way to the southeast end of the building. Climb the steps, then head west to three doors. Open the one on the right, then in this hall, a chaingunner is to the right, in front of a red door. Open that door and use the lift to go up to energy cell packs and a megasphere. (sector 1038)
- Go back to the last hall you were in and head north to the grand hall. Climb the steps and you will see the colored bars and a megasphere. If you have all three keys, you can open the door to collect the invulnerability you saw earlier. (sector 734)
- By pressing the switch at the top of the steps to the grand hall, you will open up a much larger room to the west. Enter this area and immediately go to the northeast corner. Behind the columns is a door that requires the red key. Open it to find medikits, two soul spheres, and a megasphere. (sector 2092)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on October 24, 2022.