MAP20: Ritual Horror (NOVA III)
|NOVA III maps|
|Lunar base maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP20: Ritual Horror is the twentieth map of NOVA III. It was designed by Alex Scott (Scotty) and uses the music track "Treasures in the Dark," originally composed by Mark Klem for STRAIN.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Press the first switch, then the one behind it, which will lower the walls around the starting area. Go back there, then use the wooden pillar with the blue torch and the scratches. This will briefly lower the water level. Quickly jump into the water and go south to a teleporter in an alcove. You will get a plasma gun and stimpacks here. (sector 819)
- Climb the southwest stairs, then turn east and go up. At the second-to-last step, climb onto the rail on the left and go southwest to get a berserk pack. (sector 334)
- Climb the southwest stairs, then turn west and go up, then past the door, all the way to the east switch. Use it to raise a bridge to the center. Cross over, but do not enter the teleporter. Instead, drop to the south and use the wall here to reveal a passage going south and east. (sector 350)
- In the large area past Secret #3, use any of the doors on the east side to release all the monsters here. There are several alcoves with nukage below the doors. Enter the northernmost of these alcoves and use the switch, then enter the southernmost of these alcoves. There will be a lift inside. Take it up and then go west and north to a teleporter that takes you to a megasphere. (sector 38)
- At the northeast area with the bricks leading down, find a rock to the east you can jump to, then jump down to the water below to get health bonuses and boxes of rockets. (sector 979)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: