MAP20: Sinister Daybreak (Plutonia: Revisited Community Project)
|PRCP maps 12-20|
MAP20: Sinister Daybreak is the twentieth level of Plutonia: Revisited Community Project. It was designed by Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco), and uses the music track "Ballad of the Demons" by John Weekley (PRIMEVAL), a rearrangement of Doom's "Waltz of the Demons," by Robert Prince. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 External links
Other points of interest
- From the map start, go to the south. In the large room, where the path splits into the western and eastern route and you find a plasma gun, use the teleporter north of the mancubus's platform in the northeastern blood pool. After teleporting, turn around to the north and open the wall with a light on top to enter the place east of the northeastern blood pool with a backpack, a medikit and seven health bonuses. (sector 248)
- In secret #1, look to the northwestern corner of the northeastern blood pool. There is a green rectangular recess on the steel beam's eastern side. Shoot at it to open a door in secret #1's eastern wall. Enter the new discovered passage (sector 318) to find a BFG9000.
- From secret #1 go through the passage in the south, drop down on the walkway and into the southern blood pool. Enter the red teleporter in the northeast to reach the place across secret #1 in the west of the northwestern blood pool. There are four rockets, a medikit and seven armor bonuses. Open the part of the western wall with the UAC markings to find a niche containing a partial invisibility. (sector 1219)
- From secret #3, jump on the mancubus's platform in the northwestern blood pool to remove the bar in front of the niche in the north of this blood pool. (Jumping from secret #1 onto the mancubus's platform in the northeastern blood pool has the same effect.) There is an invulnerability sphere in the niche. (sector 355)
- From secret #4, use the nearby teleporter to get back to the main path. Follow the eastern route. After two bends to the north and to the east, you enter a semicircular hallway. The wall behind the first (southernmost) red torch behind a mesh has a gargoyle switch; shoot it to remove the bar in the north of the skull door in the east of the semicircular hallway, where you can find a berserk pack. (sector 1190)
- After you open the bars to the passageway to the blue skull key, follow the path to the west until it makes a bend to the north. Leap off the bend of the walkway and onto the higher part of the blood floor west-southwest of the bend's outer corner. Walk to the south behind the fence to find a niche (sector 1182) with a soul sphere in the western wall.
- After you raise the bridge in the large room with shotgun guys (and later revenants) south of the starting point, walk over the new bridge with the gap to the east, but do not drop down to the hallway with the BFG9000 yet. Instead, jump over to the northern ledge. There is a recess in the wall that you can open to reveal a switch. Push it, drop down to the north and follow the now accessible passage to a hidden room with two medikits and a teleporter (sector 151). Use it to be teleported to the soul sphere across the aforementioned bridge, watching for the arch-vile behind you. Use the teleporter nearby in the blood floor to get back next to the starting area.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||09:52||William Huber||2013-05-07||pv20-952.zip|
|UV -fast||10:37||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2011-12-15||pv20f1037.zip|
Last updated on June 15, 2013.
Last updated on June 15, 2013.