MAP20: Technodrome (Community Chest)
|Community Chest maps 12-20|
MAP20: Technodrome is the twentieth map of Community Chest. The objective of the level is to arm a bomb in a demon-occupied base, and then escape in under two minutes. It also contains voodoo dolls sprinkled throughout the level to add some danger to the combat. It was designed by Stephen "The Ultimate DooMer" Clark.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the western storage room, there is a stack of crates reaching up to the ceiling, to the west of a light. Jump across the crates and to that stack from the bridge, and then press on the eastern side to find five backpacks. (sector 573)
- In the northern maze, the east side contains a skull switch on the western wall. Go up to the apex of the stairway and shoot the switch. After this, head to the southwest of the maze to find a medikit, security armor, a backpack, a computer map, and a blur artifact. (sector 842)
- At the center area of the south of the map, there is a platform with a teleporter pad west of the southwest section of wall. Press on the eastern side of this metal wall to access the teleporter. (sector 834) Step into the teleporter to be taken to four boxes of rockets, two bulk cells, and three backpacks. You'll also be able to pick up the chainguns dropped by the commandos on that platform.
- Within small compartments at each side of the central section of the base are Commander Keens. Kill all eight of them, and head to the trio of yellow doors to find that an alcove has opened to reveal a megasphere. (sector 1122)
- At the east side of the map, there is a section of floor in the southeast corner that partially sticks out. Step on this touchplate, and then leave through either one of the yellow doors to find that a compartment has opened to reveal a megasphere. (sector 1124)
The message at the beginning of the level reads "FIND THE BOMB [AND] PRESS IT TWICE[!] U WILL THEN HAVE 2 MINUTES TO GET OUT!" [sic] The proper rendering of the third sentence would be "YOU WILL THEN HAVE 2 MINUTES TO GET OUT!"
Sectors 287 (the eastern sector west of the yellow doors) and 399 (the northern sector south of the red doors) are not closed, as each sector possesses several linedefs from the other.
Because of the nature of secret #4, you can only obtain 80% Secrets in no monsters mode.
Areas / screenshots
Down and zombified
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains sixteen spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 1)
- facing east. (thing 2)
- facing north. (thing 3)
- facing south. (thing 4)
- facing south-west. (thing 1054)
- facing north-west. (thing 1055)
- facing north-east. (thing 1056)
- facing south-east. (thing 1057)
- facing east. (thing 1058)
- facing south-east. (thing 1059)
- facing east. (thing 1064)
- facing west. (thing 1065)
- facing west. (thing 1070)
- facing east. (thing 1071)
- facing north. (thing 1079)
- facing south. (thing 1080)