MAP20: The Forsaken Hall (Requiem)
|Requiem maps 11-20|
MAP20: The Forsaken Hall is the twentieth map of Requiem. It was designed by Adam Windsor, and uses the music track "Take All (I have more)" by Mark Klem. It is the second smallest level in the megawad, unusually small in comparison to most of the other levels.
- 1 Description
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
According to both the text file and the Requiem info pack:
- This seems to be a quiet, forgotten corner of Hell. You suspect it won't stay forgotten for long.
You only need to get the yellow key to finish this very small map. Head up the stairs at the start and head through the arch you see to find a very large door. Open it into a monster-filled room to get the yellow keycard. Get out of there and go south in the hall to the next arch you can see, then go east as much as you can. When you reach a room with a super shotgun, the yellow door is to the southwest, and a baron of Hell and/or a Hell knight guards the exit.
Other points of interest
- At the start of the level, there is an arrow made of health bonuses in the southwest, pointing at the west side of the southern wall. Open it to find some shells, two rockets, and a backpack. (sector 18)
- On the walkways around where the yellow keycard sits, two walls at the west side of either walkway, near the keycard, are bordered by rusted metal. Push on them, and they will instantly lower, allowing you to jump down, and obtain a medikit and a box of shells. (sector 105) Use any one of the teleporters to exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:10||Adam Hegyi||2001-06-23||rq20-010.zip|
|NM speed||00:12||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-08-29||rn20-012.zip|
|UV max||00:36||Adam Hegyi||2001-04-11||rq20-036.zip|
|UV -fast||00:43||M. Phoenix Dailey (Archy)||2012-03-10||rf20-043.zip|
|UV -respawn||00:41||Radek Pecka||2003-03-05||rr20-041.zip|
|UV Tyson||02:14||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2015-04-22||rt20-214.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:10||Adam Hegyi||2001-06-23||rq20-010.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 4)
- facing north-west. (thing 27)
- facing east. (thing 28)
- facing east. (thing 29)
- facing south. (thing 30)
- facing north. (thing 31)
- facing south. (thing 32)
Inspiration and development
This level was originally meant to be MAP26 of the sixth part of Demonfear, Demonfear 6: The Heart, which was intended to come out in 1996 but was never released. Windsor would eventually create an entirely different "Demonfear 6" in 1999, and he compiled the whole series into one megawad a year later.