MAP20: The Mouth of Madness (Going Down)
|Going Down maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
MAP20: The Mouth of Madness is the twentieth map of Going Down. It was designed by Cyriak Harris (mouldy), who also composed the music track, "Mega Robo-Clown Boss Battle."
The Mouth of Madness was featured in Doomworld's Top 100 Most Memorable Maps, placing 79th.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Shoot at the eyes of the big mouth at the southern part of the map. This is best done from the pedestals with the rocket launcher and plasma gun. Once you shoot at both eyes, get into the lava on the west side of the map and head southwest, eventually you will find a teleporter you can use. Take it for some radiation suits, as well as an invulnerability that only appears on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower. (sector 1051)
- The southeast corner of the map hides a megasphere on a platform above the lava. (sector 1081)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:49.43||Billa||2021-09-21||gd20p049.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 705)
- facing east. (thing 706)
- facing south. (thing 707)
- facing west. (thing 708)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: