MAP20: U.S. Mustard Company (BTSX-E1)
|Back to Saturn X E1 maps 17-23|
This level occupies the map slot MAP20. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP20.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Sector 75: From the lift mentioned in the sector 585, turn right instead. At the end of this corridor, press the brown panel, and enter the teleporter. You will be taken to a room with a super shotgun, chaingun and a soulsphere.
- Sector 199: Near the red door, to the right of a pair of green doors that open together when one is pressed, and behind the area where shutters are constantly opening and closing, there is a corner with a small yellow danger-stripe on the floor. When this corner is stepped on, the floor lowers and reveals megaarmor and medikits. Inside this secret, a green computer panel can be opened to shoot the enemies in the next area from behind cover.
- Sector 263: Inside the room with the linked green doors, on the left, is a metal wall with a golden panel. Near this panel is a blinking red electrical panel. Press the blinking panel to lower the golden wall section. Upon entering the next area, the wall on the left will lower, revealing a room full of zombies and imps. At the end of this corridor is an elevator that leads up to a plasma gun, a energy cell pack, and several health bonuses.
- Sector 398: Up a flight of right-angled stairs, right before the room with a large vat of slime and two suits, there is a fenced-in area with two zombies, an energy cell pack, and a medikit. To the left is an indented concrete wall with a wide, vertical green stripe. Press this stripe to open the secret, revealing armor bonuses and an access path to the fenced-in area.
- Sector 550: Near the start of the level, towards the end of the upward spiral and right after the second lift, a red switch should just barely be visible when you press against the wall and look out the window on the right. Shoot the switch to open a wall behind you, revealing an energy cell. When approached, the floor the cell is on will lower, revealing a berserk pack. Approaching the berserk pack triggers the secret.
- Sector 585: In the storage room with a green armor press the orange switch in the indent with the flashing light. The curved UAC logo panel lowers. A box of bullets is inside. Press the metal wall of this area to lower a lift, which on your left leads to a corridor with a chainsaw.
- Sector 784: Run into either alleyway directly behind the start position. Press the wall on the building. A chaingun and blur sphere are inside.
- Sector 923: Just before the red door, go to the west, then turn right. Press the green texture at the end of this corridor. Two backpacks and armor bonuses are inside.
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.
Inspiration and development
- In versions of Back to Saturn X Episode 1 up to 0.99i8, this map held the MAP19 slot. In versions starting from 0.99i8, it was displaced by MAP19: Bingo Pool Hall of Blood.