MAP20: U.S. Mustard Company (BTSX-E1)
|Back to Saturn X E1 maps 17-23|
MAP20: U.S. Mustard Company is the twentieth level of the first episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing), and uses the music track "The Cry" by James Paddock. The par time is 7:15. In the official add-on version, this level's name is State Karate Supply.
Other points of interest
- Sector 784: Run into either alleyway directly behind the start position. Press the wall on the building. A chaingun and blur sphere are inside.
- Sector 550: Near the start of the level, towards the end of the upward spiral and right after the second lift, a red switch should just barely be visible when you press against the wall and look out the window on the right. Shoot the switch to open a wall behind you, revealing an energy cell. When approached, the floor the cell is on will lower, revealing a berserk pack. Approaching the berserk pack triggers the secret.
- Sector 585: In the storage room with a green armor press the orange switch in the one alcove with the flickering light. The curved UAC logo wall will lower. A box of bullets is inside. Press the metal wall of this area to lower a lift, which on your left leads to a corridor with a chainsaw.
- Sector 75: From the lift mentioned in the previous secret, turn right instead. At the end of this corridor, press the brown panel, and enter the teleporter. You will be taken to a room with a super shotgun, chaingun and a soulsphere.
- Sector 199: In the tall corridor before the red door, there is a corner with a small yellow danger-stripe on the floor. When this corner is stepped on, the floor lowers and reveals megaarmor and medikits. Inside this secret, a green computer panel can be opened to shoot the enemies in the next area from behind cover.
- Sector 923: Just before the red door, go to the west into the area where shutters are constantly opening and closing, then turn right. Press the green texture at the end of this corridor. Two backpacks and armor bonuses are inside.
- Sector 263: Inside the room with the linked green doors, on the left, is a metal wall with a golden panel. Near this panel is a blinking red electrical panel. Press the blinking panel to lower the golden wall section like a lift, then go through it. Upon entering the next area, the wall on the left will lower, revealing a storage room full of zombies and imps. At the end of this corridor is an elevator that leads up to a plasma gun, a energy cell pack, and several health bonuses.
- Sector 398: Up a flight of right-angled stairs, right before the room with a large vat of slime and two suits, there is a fenced-in area with two zombies, an energy cell pack, and a medikit. To the left is an indented concrete wall with a wide, vertical green stripe. Press this stripe to open the secret, revealing armor bonuses and an access path to the fenced-in area.
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.
Inspiration and development
- In versions of Back to Saturn X Episode 1 up to 0.99i8, this map held the MAP19 slot. In versions starting from 0.99i8, it was displaced by MAP19: Bingo Pool Hall of Blood.