MAP21: 13th Cross (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 21-30|
Head into the cargo room and take the left door. Head south ignoring the blue door and into the next room where the blue key resides in the center of the chamber. Be careful when you pick it up because the cross-shaped sector is a crusher. Now open the blue door and flip the switch. You will open up a hallway to the north. Go through the door into the next room with the stairs. You will notice that there is no bridge connecting the stairs to the ledge, but the switch on the ledge immediately raises one. Grabbing the yellow skull key lowers the bridge and opens two monster closets. After getting the key, head back into the cargo room and go to the eastern yellow door. Follow the hallway to the red key room. You will be surrounded by monsters when you pick it up. If you attempt to go back the way you came, you will realize that you cannot do so. Go to the eastern door in the red key room and follow the hallway to a fork where you should turn right and press the switch to open the left path to a teleporter. This not only teleports you back to the cargo room, but also opens up the north wall into a large courtyard. Pick up the rocket launcher and head into the courtyard towards the soul sphere and the red door. You will enter another big room where you will find the exit by going around the north central structure. In the exit room is a revenant and another cross-shaped sector which acts as a crusher.
- Open the door behind your starting point to get a backpack and a medikit. (sector 1)
- The small room with former humans which you can see at the starting point can be reached in the crate room. Enter and press on the southwest corner to find a computer area map and a switch which will lower the crates in the crate room. This area counts as three secrets, but one of them is not accessible without cheating. (sector 287)
- See Secret #2. (sector 13)
- See Secret #2 (this is the sector with the switch, which is unreachable). (sector 209)
- Just before the door that leads to the yellow key room, walk to the indentation to the right of the door to be teleported into a secret room with an energy cell, shotgun shells, and an invulnerability. (sector 200)
- When you pick up the red key, the cross-shaped room opens up. Open the south wall to get a stimpack, a megaarmor, and some ammo. (sector 119)
- Once you open up the hall north of the crate room, turn right from the rocket launcher and shoot at the wall. You will find a BFG9000 and energy cell packs. (sector 8)
- In Secret #7, open the wall where the BFG9000 is to get more energy cell packs. (sector 284)
Only 87% secrets is possible on this map because of Secret #4 being unreachable.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||2:53.40||Nikolay Kamnev (Heretic)||2009-12-13||ndcpmax.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 12, 2022.
This level contains only two spawn points, making it unplayable in deathmatch mode:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing west. (thing 58)