MAP21: Administration Center (TNT: Evilution)
|TNT: Evilution maps 21-30|
The red key lies within the central room, for future reference all other keys will be in this same room. To enter this room, take one of the center hallways halfway down each corridor, it matters not which one. You will have to drop down to reach the key, however be warned that there is a damaging floor which makes up the entirety of the room. When you drop down, a column of Hell knight will lower protecting an evil eye. Approaching the evil eye will cause another column containing revenants to drop down, these monsters protect the red key.
When you take the red key, enter the teleporter pad directly next to it. You will be displaced into an office space. Ambushes are likely when taking this teleport. Exiting the room takes you to the corridors you were within when you entered the level.
In the north-west corner of the starting corridors, there will be an office room which requires the red key to open. Open any of the two doors and enter the threshold. Climb onto the chair on the south end of the room. Open the lattice where bookshelves are seen on the other side. Walk around the bookshelves until you reach a wall with a black flag placed on it. When you walk to the door to open it, the bookshelves will lower revealing multiple chaingunners. Walk through the threshold and turn left, drop down into the darkness below. At the south of the room past the large wooden crates, there is a jail cell with impenetrable bars. Neither you nor the monsters can attack each other through the bars. To the left of the bars, is a satyr switch. Pressing this will open the bars of the cell. Defeat the enemies. At the west end of the cell is a skull switch, press it to open a door behind you. There will be a small opening on the east end of the room. Face north and then press use to open a door. This will lead to a trailing hallway containing multiple imps. Continue down the hallway until you approach the dead end, pressing the wall to the north will open a door.
A door will quickly open behind you to reveal a chaingunner and a much needed box of rockets, you may collect them if desired. When you approach the candle, a staircase will rise from the ground allowing you to exit the room. Go up the staircase to the office you were previously inside of and exit. Enter again into the central room where the yellow key is revealed. After collecting the yellow key, take the teleport which you took after obtaining the red key. You may visit the secret behind the black flag in the corner which will lead to a rocket launcher and the raised barred area around the center room.
With the yellow key you will be able to open the north east office. When you cross the threshold, multiple enemies will appear in the room. Open the door on the south end of the room. Turn to the right and move to the end of the hall. When you reach the end, the floor will start to lower revealing red caves. If you are fast, you may be able to collect a box of rockets, a chainsaw, and a soulsphere. You may grab the nearby radiation suit to prevent damage from the lava. In the east room of that section, there will be a low floor to the south. Stepping onto it will activate a lift which will eventually take you to a room containing book shelves. Activate the black flag which is located within an inlet at the south end of the room.
Walk through the threshold and turn right and fall down into the center room. The blue key is now revealed which you are able to take. Once you have collected it, take the teleporter that you have previously taken to one of the office rooms.
Accessing the outside area; exit
Go to the southeast corner and enter the last remaining office, identified by the blue skull pillars. Approach the west wall. The room will immediately turn pitch black. Walk up the stairs to the evil eye altar. Two green torches will guide your path to a hole in the floor. Inside of the hole there will be a green pillar with a beating heart. Walk to it and touch it. Return back the way you came to reveal that a door to the north has opened in the room. You will find yourself in a room with four wooden columns and an oven containing a skull. Shoot the oven. It will turn blue and reveal a room behind it containing a baron of Hell on the top of a metal platform. When you approach the platform it will lower to reveal a teleporter.
You find yourself in a vast outside area. Turn around and you will see a wood and metal door past a pit of slime. Kill the imps in the pool, then jump into it. On the ledge you will see a switch, press it and the pool will raise permitting access to the door. This will take you outside. Travel outside around the center structure to the north until you reach a river of blood. Travel down the river to the east. You will encounter an arachnotron. There will also be a soulsphere ahead, which reveals an arch-vile.
Return back west where you entered the river from. Far in the distance you will discover a pyramid has appeared, decorated with exit signs. Walk to the structure and press on it, this will end the level.
- In the office building, when you enter the balcony around the center slime pit, turn right, look at the south wall and open a section marked by a standing health bonus. Inside a lava room you can find a soul sphere or medikits. (sector 49)
- In the office building, when you get the yellow skull key on the northern lowered pillar in the slime pit, a new room becomes accessible in the western corridor. Find there a new corner marked by a picture on the wall and open it to get access to a room with a teleporter. The teleporter takes you to an L-shaped room with a ledge on western and southern sides. To get to the ledge sprint-jump from the top of the pyramid. Go through a fake wall on the eastern end of the ledge to get a BFG9000. (sector 326) The opposite corner of the ledge also contains some goodies behind a fake wall.
- There is a green fort in the middle of the outside area. Before leaving the building, open a wall to the right (west) of the door to find a blue armor. (sector 337)
- The outside area is surrounded by the dark wall, of which one section is marked by blue torches. Lower this section, get an invulnerability sphere and you will find yourself on top of the nearby rock. (sector 246)
- In the office building, next to the room with the teleporter from secret #2, there is a room with a square window seen from the eastern corridor. Inside you can find a megasphere. If you get the megasphere, you will be teleported to a room in the northern part of the office building, where you can find an invulnerability sphere (on Hurt Me Plenty or lower skill).
- Also in the office building, in the wooden room past the blue key door, there is a teleporter that takes you to the final outdoor area. Open the corner of the wall to the right of this teleporter to get a box of rockets.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||02:20||Chris Felix (DevastatioN)||2003-01-22||ev21-220.zip|
|NM speed||04:09||Erick Tenorio (GuyNamedErick)||2019-01-06||tn21-409.zip|
|UV max||11:56||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2008-02-09||ev211156.zip|
|NM100S||06:28||Erick Tenorio (GuyNamedErick)||2019-01-11||es21-628.zip|
|UV -fast||16:38||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2008-01-18||ef211638.zip|
|UV -respawn||14:01||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2008-02-07||er211401.zip|
|UV Tyson||51:37||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-11-01||et215137.zip|
|UV pacifist||03:04||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2003-05-10||ep21-304.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 5, 2020.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 293)
- facing west. (thing 294)
- facing east. (thing 295)
- facing south. (thing 296)
- facing east. (thing 297)
- facing south-east. (thing 298)
- facing south. (thing 558)
- facing north-east. (thing 561)
- The intermission screen describes Doomguy entering somewhere that looks "pretty damned familiar", probably meant to imply that this is the first level of TNT: Evilution to take place in Hell.