MAP21: Asmodeus' Circle (Plutonia: Revisited Community Project)
|PRCP maps 21-30|
MAP21: Asmodeus' Circle is the twenty-first level of Plutonia: Revisited Community Project. It was designed by Keeper of Jericho and Przemysław Woda (Belial), and uses "Read Me While Listening to This" from Doom II, composed by Robert Prince, as its music track. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 4:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Other points of interest
- As you leave the cage you start the map in, push the wall under the large unlit skull to your left to lower the pillar with the megasphere on it in front of you behind the fence. Drop down into the southwestern blood pool later to grab it. You have to step on the pillar's center (sector 51) to register the secret.
- From the map's central circle, take the western route. Behind the bridge with the 16 armor bonuses, push the wall under the unlit skull on the western wall to open a niche with a BFG9000 in it. (sector 10)
- In vanilla Doom, the visplane overflow can occur on this map.
- Opening the door (sector 108) on the eastern route to release the monster behind it (thing 140: mancubus on easy skill levels or thing 137: cyberdemon on medium and hard skills), not killing it and continuing the map may result in keeping some enemies trapped forever: Using the switches with the linedef tags 3, 4 and 5 let several enemies teleport to several locations. If the sector 15, 16 or 17 is occupied by the aforementioned monster at the moment when the enemy tries to teleport it, it will never be teleported since the corresponding linedef action is 125 W1 Teleport (Monsters only). The teleportation only works if the enemy crosses the linedef for the very first time and if no monster is on the target sector.
- Because of the high probability that some of the arch-viles will resurrect some monsters, the kill count may exceed 100% anyway on most source ports, but after killing any enemy on the map and standing in front of the exit, one may hear several monsters grunting. Using the iddt cheat shows the remaining monsters moving around in their starting places, unable to teleport in.
- To avoid this, try to kill any monster as soon as possible before using any switch.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NoMo||0:46.91||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-08-12||prcpnomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 66)
- facing north. (thing 338)
- facing east. (thing 339)
- facing west. (thing 340)