MAP21: Badlands (Ashes: Afterglow)
|Ashes: Afterglow maps|
MAP21: Badlands (also called The Badlands in the intro text) is the eleventh map of Ashes: Afterglow. It was designed by Vostyok and ReformedJoe, and uses the music track "Hunting Rippers" by John Weekley (PRIMEVAL).
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the south town, head to the east side, then towards the clotheslines to the west. Enter the north building, climb the steps, and head to the north rooftop. Crouch and enter the room to the west to get armor scraps and junk. (sector 505)
- After collecting the journal entries in the map, head for the radioactive lake and climb to the northeast and head to the rock with an S. Head past it into the cave and out into the outside area to get shotgun shells and a videogame cartridge. (sector 3445)
- At Absolute Speedy Fix, get to the roof using your ride and a door and enter the window to get junk and a lazer gun. (sector 4555)
- Play in the race in town and get first place. Head to the counter and get your winnings north of the counter, which has food, junk, and a golden crowbar skin. (sector 4632)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on July 11, 2022.
Inspiration and development
The town of Prosperity and surrounding area is loosely based on the real world Big Creek Water Reclamation Facility. An early version of the map included a neighbouring ghost town which could also be explored, but this section was moved to MAP19 instead and replaced with the entrance to the nuclear plant.