MAP21: Crunch! (10 Sectors)
|10 Sectors maps 21-30|
Head around the walls here and drop down to the metal floor below (there is an opening on the northwest in this room). Then head through the tunnels until you find a switch.
This map does not contain any keys, but it will still take a considerably long time to complete with how the lifts that are now activated work. To exit the map, you need to press several switches to raise a nukage river in the western part of the map. The exit is across the river.
- This one is the switch available right from the start.
- From the large hexagonal lights room, head through the western corridor and take the lift down to a nukage tunnel with a switch (note that the nukage in these tunnels is not damaging, but the nukage river you are supposed to cross is.
- Go southeast of the hexagonal lights room, taking a lift down into the nukage where a switch is.
- In the long corridor in the southeast part of the map, one of the skull switches opens a nearby door (and several other doors around the level as well). Press that switch and go through the hall. At the fork, take the lift on the right down and the next switch is in the nukage.
- The aforementioned skull switch opens a few doors north of the corridor as well. Take the cross-shaped lift north of the corridor until you can leave east of it. In the octagonal room up ahead, the doors will close as you fight monsters, but the eastern side has a switch which lowers them again. The switch directly behind it raises a part of the river.
- Take the path west of the octagonal room, the doors will lower again. The switch right here does open them again however. You can either head left or right. Head left first, going straight west back to the nukage room where a previous switch was. There should be a switch at the end of the path here.
- If you choose to go right at the switch that opened the door, you can keep going east until you find the switch near a curvy wall of computers.
- From the previous switch, you can jump down to a crate-filled room and head into a large room with a cyberdemon. If you pressed the other skull switch in the long corridor to the southeast, the crushers will be activated. You can lure the cyberdemon into the red square and he will teleport to one of the crusher circles, likely getting crushed. You can telefrag the cyberdemon from there. Also in this room is a switch to reopen the many doors that have closed earlier. Use the switch and head through the nearest door that opens, killing monsters as you head around the crusher room to the next switch.
There are no official secrets in this level.
Areas / screenshots
As this level does not contain official secrets, the NM 100S category is redundant.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||19:33.80||Wim Vanrie (The Mole)||2001-01-13||tspak.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 27, 2021.