MAP21: Factory: Manufacturing (Strife)
|Strife levels (13-14 & 20-25)|
Commons and Factory
With Macil slain, Strifeguy learns that the Order's factory leads to a laboratory where another piece of the Sigil has been detected. To get there, Strifeguy must pass through the factory's manufacturing wing where he will face its newest creation - the inquisitor.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Lower the lift in front of you and ride it up. Go around the corner and destroy the ceiling turret above, then go through the door to a room with numerous enemies including stalkers, sentinels, a crusader and a reaver. Cross the room and go through either of the doors at the east end, then ready your strongest weapons and go through the large door ahead. An inquisitor will jump down from a ledge ahead, and will start firing powerful grenades at you when it lands. Using the Sigil or the mauler's torpedo mode is strongly recommended to destroy it quickly.
Once the inquisitor is destroyed, approach the lift at the east end of the room and ride it up, then turn right and follow the walkway to a staircase leading to a small room with a switch. Turn the switch to lower a wall across the room and reveal two crusaders on Training or Rookie skill levels, or another inquisitor on Veteran or higher. Once the enemies are dispatched, head back down the stairs and follow the walkway round, past the lift to another staircase which you can now climb. At the top, turn right and go down the steps, destroying the reaver at the bottom.
Step on the lift ahead and it will take you to a walled path surrounded by water - from here you can visit the level's other points of interest. Otherwise, head south into a corridor and follow it round. Destroy the ceiling turret at the end and step through the striped doorway to open the door ahead. Go through and cross another striped doorway to enter the proving grounds.
Other points of interest
From the room leading to the proving grounds, go to the west wall and lower the southern lift. Ride this up and left left, then head down the passage until you see a doorway on your left with a laser. Jump or step over the laser (it activates the alarm but you will probably have done so already with weapons fire) to enter a room with two enemies and (on Training or Rookie) numerous supplies. In the Veteran Edition, this room also holds the blue offering chalice that Timothy in the commons is looking for.
From the room leading to the proving grounds, follow the walkway between the water pools and destroy the reaver ahead. Go forward up the curved staircase, then turn right at the top and turn the switch ahead, which will temporarily raise a bridge. Cross the bridge into a passage (watching out for a ceiling turret) and follow the passage until you find another turret, then turn right to go through another doorway.
- If you go straight forward, you can follow the corridor to a lift. Lower this and ride it up to a room leading to the forge. This area is entirely optional, but in the Veteran Edition it can lead you to another level holding the final talisman.
- If you turn left instead and follow the passage, you can turn right and jump to a square platform over water. Turn left now and jump across some more platforms to reach a door, behind which is a small room with a templar. If you press the tech panel in front of the computer screen, you will also reveal a hidden passage back to the catacombs.
Secret #1 is present in the original game. The non-official area below was changed to an official secret in the Veteran Edition.
- In the room to the west of the inquisitor area, there is an octagonal section at the southern end. Press the switch near the northwest corner to open a secret door on the eastern wall. The small room beyond holds a surgery kit and a shadow armor. (sector 387)
- Follow the directions above as if you were going to the forge, but instead of raising the bridge just drop off the ledge into a lower room. You will see two silver pipes on your left - press on the right-hand pipe to lower it and reveal a hidden chamber. Lower the lift and ride it up to find an area with two medical kits, a surgery kit, an energy pack, a crate of missiles and phosphorous grenades. (sector 447). The switch here lowers a teleporter which will send you to a room to the south-west.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 20)
- facing south. (thing 21)
- facing south-west. (thing 22)
- facing north. (thing 23)
- facing east. (thing 24)
- facing east. (thing 25)
- facing south. (thing 26)
- facing south. (thing 27)
- facing south-east. (thing 28)
- facing south. (thing 29)
- facing south. (thing 30)
- facing north-east. (thing 31)