MAP21: Gun Punishment (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 21-32|
It was the author's second submission to the project, following Brown Building, and was the twenty-fourth map to be submitted, arriving over nineteen and a half hours into the session. According to the author, it took about one hour to build.
Gun Punishment shares many similarities with Brown Building, OobyDoo's other level for the project. The texture scheme is similar, the detailing ideas are re-used, and in general, the map layout features a number of separate outdoor areas connected by dark corridors in a brown building.
This time there are four outdoor areas. The smallest of these is in the north, and has two entrances from the smallest of the corridors. This area contains only a single medikit and some shotgun shells. The eastern outdoor area is slightly larger. More shotgun shells can be found here, as well as three stimpacks. A small annex in the north of this area is used for two spawn points, and a short cliff along the south wall of the area is used for a third spawn point. This area has four entrances, two of which are the small corridors that also allow access to the northern area, whilst the other two entrances are actually from two corridors joined together to form the largest indoor area. Although this indoor area is large, it only contains some more shotgun shells, as well as some spawn points.
The southern outdoor area is about the same size as the eastern one, and contains a medikit, three stimpacks and some more shotgun shells. It has two entrances; the largest corridor enters from the east, and a medium-sized corridor enters from the west.
The western outdoor area is the largest, and can be entered from the medium-sized corridor connecting to the southern area, or the small corridor connecting to the north and east areas. This area contains a megaarmor, as well as more health and shotgun ammo. The megaarmor is on top of a platform in the south-west corner of the area. In order to get it, players must press a switch along the north wall to lower the platform. If the player stands on the platform when it rises, it is possible to run over the top of the wall surrounding the area - there is no way to get back if this happens.
This level contains nine spawn points, most of which are in close proximity to, but not placed upon, a super shotgun.
- In the south-west corridor, facing north-east. This spawn is relatively isolated. (thing 1)
- In the large indoor section, near the east entrance to the east outdoor area, facing south-west. Spawn #3 is at the other end of the hall. (thing 2)
- In the large indoor section, at the other end of the hallway occupied by spawn #2, facing north-west. (thing 3)
- In the annex to the eastern outdoor area, facing south-west. This spawn shares its super shotgun with spawn #5, which is 128 units away. (thing 4)
- Same as spawn #4, but facing south-east. (thing 5)
- In the 7-shaped hall at the north of the map, facing south-west. (thing 6)
- In the large indoor section, near the entrance to the southern outdoor area, facing north-west. (thing 7)
- In the small corridor connecting to the western, northern and eastern outdoor areas, facing north. This is the closest spawn to the megaarmor switch. (thing 8)
- On the cliff in the eastern outdoor area, facing north. This spawn also gets a box of shells with its super shotgun, however subsequent spawns here may not get this if it has not yet respawned. (thing 9)
Areas / screenshots
|4 shotgun shells||13|
|Box of shotgun shells||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|