MAP21: One Flew Over The Caco's Nest (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 21-30|
MAP21: One Flew Over The Caco's Nest (called One Flew Over the Cacos Nest [sic] on the intermission screen) is the twenty-first map of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Pablo Dictter and uses the music track "Grove" from Hexen. It was one of the few maps to remain unchanged from the first release to the second.
In the first part, if you stand under the descending bars (sector 347), they will not go down anymore.
Grab the chaingun here, looking out for the cacodemons which arise from the blood pool. Follow the next hall until you find a super shotgun. The nearby switch will lower it. Keep on going down the linear path. When you find a fork, go left, as right requires the red key. To open the big faceted wall, hit the nearby switch to lower it. In the next room with the pain elemental, hit the switch sitting there to open both of the doors. Make your way to the bend of the hallway. Turn around and hit the switch to lower the nearby bars to the red skull key. Now backtrack to the red door and go through it, following the path all the way to a red symbol on the wall and a teleporter pad with candle on it. From here it is just a very linear path to the exit.
- Near a red inverted cross in the wall near the beginning of the level, there is a flashing wall covered by green vines. Open it to get a plasma rifle. (sector 139)
- Directly across from the exit teleporter is a skull recessed in the wooden wall. Press the use key on it to open a nearby secret area with a soul sphere. (sector 579)
- Facing the switch which lowers the bars to the red key room, turn to the north and open the electronic panel at the end of the corridor to get a soul sphere.
These multiplayer-only Things: super shotguns (things 354 and 358), shotgun (thing 388), plasma gun (389), health bonus (384), armor bonuses (385, 386 and 387); have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:48||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-05||av21-148.zip|
|NM speed||04:35||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-06||an21s435.zip|
|UV max||03:52||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-12-19||av21-352.zip|
|NM100S||04:35||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-03-06||an21s435.zip|
|UV -fast||07:46||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2003-02-05||af21-746.zip|
|UV Tyson||11:22||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-04-04||at211122.zip|
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 352)
- facing south. (thing 353)
- facing south. (thing 355)
- facing south. (thing 357)
- facing east. (thing 383)