MAP21: Palace Dungeons (Serpent: Resurrection)
|Serpent: Resurrection maps 21-25|
This level occupies the map slot MAP21. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP21.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Make your way to the northwest, and in the tunnel of sludge, you will find a small staircase leading up to a summon scroll. (sector 1475)
- Swim to the south and at the first junction, go to the right. At the end of the sludge tunnel here there's an open path that you can see, which is reachable via jump boots. Here you can find a force stone, a porkalator, a pair of speed boots and another pair of jump boots. (linedef 6811 via "secret trigger" thing 1412)
- To the east, a bit further south, a similar ladder leads to a penetrate scroll. (sector 1459)
- This secret is not located far from the previous one, but to reach it you'll have to backtrack to the opening section. Make your way to the narrow corridors with the prison cells to the west, until you see the same sludge river that led you to the first secret, but instead of dropping down, keep following the path to the left, then cross the second bridge that you see to reach the other section, and then cross again until you're in a new, long narrow corridor. Keep following this path until you'll once again come across another bridge, cross it and follow the path, and you should have a door in front of you. Instead of opening it, keep going to the left, and to the right of the second sword knight that you see, you'll notice a partially broken wall. Break it open with a weapon to reveal four sets of colored mana, a falcon shield, a magic ring and a quartz flask. (sector 1449)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.