MAP21: Platform Base (NOVA III)
|NOVA III maps|
Lunar base maps
This level occupies the map slot MAP21. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP21.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP21: Platform Base is the twenty-first map of NOVA III. It was designed by Skeletonpatch and uses the music track "Infinite," originally composed by Tom Mustaine for TNT: Evilution.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the southeast end of the base, take the first lift and climb the crates to the southeast. Drop into a crate below to get a chainsaw. (sector 1776)
- Teleport to the Housing section of the base, then head north from the teleporter and use the door to the left. Head through the hole and open two doors to the south, then go through the hole on the west side. Open the door to the north and go through two holes to the left, before taking the south door. Take the next door you see to find two bookshelves. Use the left one, then go back in the previous hallway and to the left is a plasma gun and an energy cell (an energy cell pack will be here if you are playing on Hurt Me Plenty or lower). (sector 2232)
- Go back to the bookshelves, then head east through the hole, south, then east through a door. Take the southernmost door, through the east hole, and then the east door here. Head south, east, then north to the second door on the right and open it. Here, go through the wall between the torch and red pillar to find ammo, stimpacks, and medikits. (sector 373)
- The hall east of the teleporter in the housing area is blocked by rubble. On the other side, pressing on the southern wall leads to a computer area map. (sector 368)
- From the previous secret, open the north door, then the east door. Enter the area with the golden liquid and go through the falls on the west side to find a megaarmor (green armor on Ultra-Violence or higher) and a berserk pack. (sector 2087)
- Take the teleporter to the Hangar section, at the northern part of the base, then use the northwest wall to find an invulnerability. (sector 1059)
- Once you have the red key, teleport to the Offices section and leave by the east door. Take the door just to the north of that one to the offices, then use the door to the north there. Flip the red switch here, then backtrack two rooms to the big room, where the southern door will be open. Make your way to the southeast part of this area to find twenty-five armor bonuses. (sector 424)
- In the final arena, head to the northernmost part and step on the red hexagon, then go southeast to the steps leading to the BFG9000. (sector 1605)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV -fast||7:05.17||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2020-04-20||n321f705.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: