MAP21: Slayer (The Plutonia Experiment)
|Plutonia maps 21-30|
MAP21: Slayer is the twenty-first map of The Plutonia Experiment. It was designed by Milo Casali. Like Doom II's MAP11: Circle of Death, the center of the level is a raised walkway ring, but otherwise the setup is not related.
At the start of the level, drop into the platform collecting a soul sphere, super shotgun and a plasma gun. Jump to the floor and ride the lift up to the central walkway. Run around the walkway towards the western side and enter the side room. Run down towards the northern end of it and activate a switch. Return to the central walkway and to the eastern side with a red door, go into the side room and activate the switch. Enter the teleporter and you will be in an area overlooking the central walkway. Walk through the newly raised walkway towards the red key and grab the megasphere along the way.
As soon as you get the red key, the walkway will lower back towards the lava floor. Jump down to the lava, run towards the closest lift and return to the walkway. Return to the area with the red door and activate the switch behind it. Be careful as multiple enemies will be teleported, including an arch-vile. Run towards the southern end of the walkway, enter the room there and exit.
There are no official secrets in this level.
- From the north side of the ring-shaped ledge drop down to the south into the inner pool of blood. Turn around and push the skull switch to lower a lift and open an alcove straight ahead. There is a soul sphere, a radiation shielding suit and an arch-vile inside.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|NM speed||00:07||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2012-02-09||pn21-007.zip|
|UV max||01:52||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2002-05-24||pl21-152.zip|
|UV -fast||03:47||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2001-09-22||pf21-347.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:17||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2002-09-17||pr21-117.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 23)
- facing north-west. (thing 24)
- facing west. (thing 182)
- facing west. (thing 183)
- facing east. (thing 184)
- facing east. (thing 185)
- facing west. (thing 186)
- The music is the same as for Doom II's intermission text screens, and, indeed, there is a text screen just before this level starts. Since players do not usually stay at the text screens for more than a minute, playing this level is a certain way to hear the whole nearly five-minute music track.
- This map is one of the levels of Plutonia in which the amount of monsters and objects are the same, regardless of the skill level selected (the others being MAP30 and the super-secret level MAP32).