MAP21: The Hero's Return (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP21. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP21.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the southeast of the outdoor blood lake, there is a circular mark in the skin on the wall. Push it to reveal a chainsaw and a supercharge. (sector 189)
- At the north of the tunnels after the yellow key door, the southern wall bears snakeskin instead of warped faces. Walk through it to find a rocket launcher and a chainsaw. (sector 162)
- Immediately after said tunnels, the southernmost room as a candle set into the wall. Push the alcove it's in to open access to an elevator, leading to seven armor bonuses, a backpack, and a berserk pack. (sector 42)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:42||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2008-01-13||c321-042.zip|
|UV max||02:47||Kristian Ronge||2011-06-19||c321-247.zip|
|UV pacifist||01:07||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2008-01-13||c321p107.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 141)
- facing south. (thing 142)
- facing south-east. (thing 143)
- facing north-west. (thing 144)
Inspiration and development
- This level is likely named after the famous song of the same name by Pink Floyd from their album The Final Cut.