MAP22: Bite (BTSX-E2)
|Back to Saturn X E2 maps 17-23|
MAP22: Bite is the twenty-second map of the second episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and uses the music track "Lurking," composed by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium). In the official add-on version, this level's name is Chomp.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the second room you can access from the beginning of the level, near where a stray chaingun can be found, and immediately preceding the room containing the red door, the wall in the northernmost section of the room behind the hanging human remains can be lowered to reveal a small passage (sector 104) containing small amounts of ammo and health, and the chainsaw at the very end.
- In the central section of the level that opens after taking the teleporter near the yellow door, or after grabbing the yellow key, and nearby a wooden library room containing a dead body on a pedestal, there is a tiny passage containing some health bonuses. A slightly off-colour section of a wall of that passage can be lowered to reveal a medikit and two energy cells. (sector 263)
- In the room accessed through the yellow door, you can carefully get behind the eastern metal fence by using the small gap between the column and the lava pit. There, in a corner, are a medikit, a security armor and a backpack. (sector 876)
- Similarly to secret #3, you can get carefully get behind the western metal fence, and from there you can drop into a ivy-covered entrance in the rock wall (sector 458) to access a small section of the level containing clips, rockets, armor bonuses and a soulsphere. The wall at the end is a lift that leads back to the upper level of the main room.
- In the section of the ring-shaped room in the south-west corner of the map where the plasma gun can be obtained, the east side of the wall in the central section has a chunk that is slightly whiter and deeper. Push on that section to reveal an elevator (sector 636) to a section of the level containing an energy cell pack, a medikit and a box of rockets.
- Inside secret #5, there is a pedestal with a switch that can be used to re-lower the elevator and get out of the secret section. However, between the northern side of that pedestal and the northern wall there is another barely visible switch. Press both switches and then quickly take the elevator down, to find another secret door open in the west side of the central section of the ring-shaped room, revealing a torture chamber containing a megaarmor. (sector 642)
- Follow the path behind the red door until you reach a small room in the north-western part of the map, decorated with a hanging body and some flames behind a fence. Between the wooden column and the wall, there is a recess with a switch that lowers the bookcase and reveals a small alcove (sector 797) containing rockets, armor bonuses, a medikit and an energy cell pack.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.