MAP22: Borderlands (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP22. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP22.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the beginning, when you step on the floor at the end of the stairs to the left, the wall behind the alcove with the box of shotgun shells will open. Quickly go back up and through it to find multiple health bonus items and a chainsaw. (sector 75)
- After reaching #1, drop into the lava and check the northeast corner of the building to find a teleporter to a room with a BFG9000. Shoot or hit the cracked wall next to it to reveal several health bonuses, a stimpack and a soul sphere. (sector 66)
- In the northwest building, ignore the teleporter and walk past it to the left, go down the steps and along the ramp. The alcove with the backpack at the end counts as a secret. (sector 69)
- In the southwest corner of the map, enter the green brick building and press the bloodied wall section to open a passage around the blood pool (careful not to fall into it before you do!) containing several armor bonus items. You will also find a teleporter (sector 169) to the building south of the green one: step out and walk along the ledge to find a plasma gun.
- In the western of the two central buildings, after killing the arachnotron go to the top of the stairs and open the misaligned wooden wall section to the west, and drop into the seemingly empty platform behind it. (sector 98) Press the wall to the west to reveal an elevator to the megasphere you could previously see from the balcony with the rocket launcher.
- When you take the teleporter to the north building, kill the arch-vile and press the wall section with the power warning symbol behind you to open it, and check around the corner to find a megasphere. (sector 93)
- Check the ledge opposite of #6 and drop onto the platform below to collect two bulk cells. A teleporter there will take you back up. (sector 58)
- After taking the teleporter behind the blue key door, drop off the ramp and go around the building. Lower the elevator you find, kill the Hell knight and go up to find a teleporter to a room in the eastern of the central buildings, containing a soul sphere. (sector 14) Going through the teleporter again will take you back the building across #3.
- Once you reach the eastern central building, drop into the lava on the inner side of the ramp to the south to find a teleporter to a hidden alcove with two bulk cells. (sector 185)
- Still in the eastern central building, go up the elevator, but before you take the teleporter jump out the windows and towards the building across. A wall section will lower to reveal two chaingunners and an elevator (sector 26) to the platform with the arachnotron and the computer area map from earlier. Check around the corner to find a teleporter back to the top of the elevator.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NoMo||0:24.94||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2015-01-28||id22o024.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 13, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 26)
- facing south-east. (thing 167)
- facing south-west. (thing 177)
- facing north-west. (thing 234)
- facing north. (thing 256)