MAP22: Gonna Never Have To Die (BTSX-E1)
|Back to Saturn X E1 maps 17-23|
MAP22: Gonna Never Have To Die is the twenty-second level of the first episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Paul DeBruyne (skillsaw), and uses the music track "Womp" by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium).
Other points of interest
- Sector 401: From the secret door mentioned above, go through the green door in this room, and go to the elevator at the end of this corridor. A broken vent panel is halfway down this elevator, on the south wall. A blue armor is inside. You only get one shot at this when it's lowering, but if you miss it, it is still possible reach the secret from the top of the lift, although it requires a very precise jump into the vent.
- Sector 420: In the outdoor cavern, look for a hole after the elevator leading to a cave with water. A green panel can be found in the south-west of this cave. Press it to lower it. Three backpacks are inside.
- Sector 557: Directly across the room from the blue key is a computer panel with a small, pale, faintly blinking green square. This square is a switch, and when pressed, it will reveal a room with an imp, a plasma gun, cells, and a medikit.
- Sector 565: From secret #1, proceed through the map as normal. When you come to the 'r' shaped room with an arachnotron and a green armor, press the eastern metal panel with green lights. Some ammo and armour is inside.
- Sector 813: In the north of the map, a room with an arachnotron and a super shotgun. A switch is hidden in a computer texture here. It opens a secret door in a room with a Hell knight to the north. This secret door has a berserk pack on the other side.
Areas / screenshots
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.
Inspiration and development
- In versions of Back to Saturn X up to 0.99i8, this map held the MAP21 slot. In versions starting from 0.99i8, the addition of a new MAP19 moved some maps forward by one slot.