MAP22: Lakes of Fire (Hellfire)
|Hellfire maps 21-28|
This level occupies the map slot MAP22. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP22.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Use the switch at the west end of the boat, then return to the starting point. Head to the south side and you can find an opening to the central lava pit with a rocket launcher. (sector 23)
- After going up the lava at the two red fangs, head onto the lava going east until it dead-ends. Open a wall to the north (just slightly to the right under two rockets) to find a berserk pack. (sector 100)
- Enter the building just before the boat. Use the switch in the room to the right, then quickly run through the northwest door, down the steps, and to the west room before it closes to find a soul sphere. (sector 105)
- In the cage north of the starting cave, open the northeast wall to find a soul sphere, as well as an energy cell pack in the room after it. (sector 198)
- In the northwestern part of the map, enter the building and press the switch at the northwest side. Quickly run to the southwest side and enter the teleporter to get a BFG9000. (sector 256)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 13, 2021.