MAP22: Pharaoh's Claim (TNT: Revilution)
|TNT: Revilution maps 21-30|
MAP22: Pharaoh's Claim is the twenty-second map of TNT: Revilution. It was designed by Olympus, Steve Muller (Kyka) and Darryl Steffen (dobu gabu maru), and uses the music track "TermiNate and Torture," by Viscra Maelstrom. The par time is 4:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- Open the wall behind the shotgun at the start to find a berserk pack guarded by a baron of Hell (or Hell knight on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower). (sector 70)
- Your starting room has four pillars, three of which have monsters on them (imps or revenants depending on your skill setting). The northwest pillar only has a gibbed marine. Look on the west side of this pillar to find a pharaoh's portrait instead of a skull. Shoot at the painting to open the wall directly behind your starting point, revealing a dark passage (sector 571). Going here reveals, among other things, a megaarmor, shotgun shells, and a few enemies to kill. There are also bars at the end of the passage here, which can be opened from two other secrets in the map.
- Head to the room east of the starting point and ascend the steps to the high ledge. Open the metal wall between the two torches to find a hidden hallway (sector 339) leading to a shotgun, health and armor bonuses, a chaingun (replaced by a chaingunner on Ultra-Violence or higher) and a spectre.
- Southwest of Secret #3, as you head up the steps, you'll see a satyr switch tucked beneath the steps which you cannot yet reach. There's a pharaoh's portrait high up on the wall inside Secret #3 that you cannot actually shoot from inside; outside the secret, at the section of the hall with two medikits and three candles, face east and shoot at the grated light - it's a fake wall, as you can see from inside Secret #3. Shooting the painting allows you to reach the aforementioned satyr switch, which in turn, opens the wall at the south end of the room (sector 337). In this blood-filled cavern, you can find several supplies underneath crushers, as well as a super shotgun next to a switch. You can find an eye switch at the very end of the cavern, opening up one set of the bars in Secret #2.
- In the outdoor area to the west of the starting point, open the big door to the north. In the next hall, a pharaoh's portrait is up on a high wall. Climb the steps and head around until you can find a point where you can shoot this painting. After doing so, head to the entrance of this hall to spot an alcove with a skull switch in the northeast corner. Press it, then return outside and go south, under the archway with the chained body, where a lift has been revealed that takes you to a lava-filled area (sector 644). This secret contains several monsters and supplies, including a plasma gun that lowers when you flip a switch on the ankh-shaped platform. Flipping that switch also lowers several monster-filled walls as well. Keep going southeast and you will eventually find another eye switch, which opens up a set of bars where the end of the passage in Secret #2 is.
- Once you press both eye switches mentioned in Secret #4 and Secret #5, go back to Secret #2 (there are shortcuts to it in both secrets) and the passage will have extended further. After jumping down the long chasm, go all the way south to teleport to the BFG9000 sitting above the yellow key area. This also allows you to collect the yellow key if you haven't already. (sector 245)
- In the dark passage at the west side of the map, there is an out-of-place steel tech terminal at the north end. Press it and go down the steps beyond (sector 510), following the rocket and armor bonuses. This secret room has a computer area map on a high ledge and a drawing partially obscured by roots, and the hallway nearby has several switches over lava. Two of these switches are not traps, while the other ones lower the lava causing you more damage since you stay on the lava longer. To get the computer area map, the drawing at the start is your hint: find the matching symbol, head around the wall and hit the skull switch in the lava to lower the computer area map's ledge.
- In the northeastern blood-flooded cavern with barrels, you can walk through the bloodfall surrounded by three barrels to find a teleporter. (sector 418)
- Take the teleporter in Secret #8 and follow the rocks up. Jump to the crate and jump down to the adjacent crate to get a backpack. (sector 367)
- Go through the teleporter in Secret #8. Climb up the first step and notice the yellow skull on the left end of the second step. If you press use on that step, you'll reveal a new passage, with armor bonuses leading to a dead end, where you can see a second partially obscured drawing. Head back to Secret #7, find the corresponding symbol and press the skull switch behind it; this will open the dead end with the drawing, leading to a drop that takes you down to an invulnerability and a teleporter that places you in the exit room, telefragging a cyberdemon as you arrive. (sector 419)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 913)
- facing west. (thing 914)
- facing south. (thing 915)
- facing south. (thing 916)
- facing south-east. (thing 917)
- facing south-west. (thing 918)
Inspiration and development
This level is one of seven in Revilution that was originally part of TNT 2: Devilution, having been cut from the project in 2014 during the events that led to Revilution becoming its own project. It was originally called Arenaphobia, and featured several large battlegrounds. Late in development, all but one of these was cut, and the level was renamed to Pharaoh's Claim.
The automap for this level includes several arrows which will be revealed once the player obtains the computer area map. These arrows point to the shootable pharaoh switches, giving clues to more secrets.