MAP22: Pit of Woe (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|Deep Into White Hell|
|The Iron Invasion|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Juno begins the map suffering the effects of some sort of sedative, surrounded by the corpses of her captors. The vampire surgeon in front of her carries a super stim which can numb the drug's poisonous effects. Grab all the ammo in the pit before ascending the stairs and engaging the other guards. Take note of the yellow door here.
Weapons are light in this dungeon, so be prepared for some rough fights. Your goal is the windowed room next to the water pit encased by a horseshoe-shaped catwalk: the room is locked behind a red door. Search this area for what little supplies it contains and jump over the railing. The water vent leads into a small control room with the first Purger enemy, who guards the yellow key.
Through the yellow door is another dungeon wing and a torture chamber with a gruesome worg pit. Sister Gladys is on duty here, torturing one of her victims: kill her for the blue key and her auto-shotgun, then go through the blue door and drain the water to reveal the sump. Dive into the sump and kill another Sister of Contrition for the red key. The journey to the red door is lined with booby traps: flipping the switch beyond the door drains the water pit and reveals the exit.
Other points of interest
- In the creepy prayer room is a hidden stairway (sector 148) leading up to a pair of mines.
- After killing the purger with the yellow key, open the wall behind him for an amazon ambush and arm yourself with their rifles. (sector 118)
- In the yellow key dungeon there is a single male inmate. Jump over the rails and into his cell to discover he's been hard at work digging an escape tunnel, which is filled with supplies. (sector 113)
- In the gruesome room filled with the skulls of Contessa Gaul's victims, jump over the railing to reveal a hidden room with a suit of armor. (sector 60)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: