MAP22: Rolling Stones Collect No Moss (32in24-5)
|32in24-5 maps 21-32|
MAP22: Rolling Stones Collect No Moss is the twenty-second map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Andrew Wood (Catoptromancy) and Tango, and uses the music track "Marble Corridor," originally composed by Soshiro Hokkai for Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.
Despite having the most spawn locations of any map in 32in24-5, this map has a simple layout confined to a fairly average map size. The map's centre is dominated by an open courtyard, though only a box of bullets, box of shells and a berserk pack are available in terms of items here, as well as a backpack and a medikit in a small recess in the north-east corner.
Surrounding the courtyard is an elevated walkway, which is accessed from either stairs or a lift in the south of the map. The walkway is cutoff along the north and south sides, so the stairs only provide access to the western half, whilst the lift serves the eastern half. At the top of the stairs, players can walk along the protrusion that runs alongside the stairs to get the green armor. A rocket launcher is available from the north-west corner, as is the exit room which contains two medikits. The two pillars at the north-west corner are in fact platforms that can be lowered like lifts: the north one contains a energy cell pack, and the west one contains a megaarmor. At the end of this western half of the walkway, players can find a chaingun.
For the eastern half, a short catwalk branching off of the east side into the courtyard leads to a plasma gun. If players can make it to the end of this half of the walkway, they can take the BFG9000, from which they can drop down back into the courtyard.
An small additional room can be found south of the walkway's access points. It has a rocket launcher in its south-west corner, a chaingun in the south-east, and three stimpacks along the south edge.
This level contains twenty-one spawn points, all of which get a super shotgun on spawn:
- In the south-west corner of the walkway, facing north-east. This is the closest spawn to the green armor. (thing 10)
- In the south-west corner of the courtyard, facing north-east. (thing 12)
- In the courtyard, at the far end of the plasma gun catwalk along its northern side, facing north-east. (thing 14)
- In the courtyard, at the far end of the plasma gun catwalk along its southern side, facing south-east. (thing 16)
- In the north-west corner of the courtyard, below the east wall of the rocket launcher balcony, facing south-east. (thing 19)
- In the north-west corner of the courtyard, below the south wall of the rocket launcher balcony, facing south-east. (thing 20)
- In the north-west corner of the walkway, right next to the exit door, facing south-east. At 663 units, this is the closest spawn to the rocket launcher. (thing 22)
- At the other side of the north-west corner of the walkway to spawn #7, facing south-east. This is the closest spawn to the megaarmor pillar. (thing 24)
- In the north-west corner of the southern room, facing south-east. Right next to spawn #10 (91 units). (thing 26)
- Same as spawn #9. (thing 28)
- On the walkway next to the lift, facing south-east. Has an advantage for the BFG due to already being on the east walkway, with a rough distance of just over 2200 units, but may end up in a race against spawn #21. (thing 30)
- In the courtyard, at the inner end of the plasma gun catwalk along its northern side, facing north-west. (thing 32)
- In the south-east corner of the courtyard, facing north-west. Right next to spawn #14 (91 units). (thing 34)
- Same as spawn #13. (thing 36)
- At the end of the western half of the walkway, facing north-west. The chaingun is immediately north of this spawn. (thing 38)
- In the north-east corner of the southern room, facing south-west. Right next to spawn #17 (91 units). (thing 58)
- Same as spawn #16. (thing 60)
- About midway along the west side of the walkway, facing south-east. Slightly further from the megaarmor than spawn #8, and slightly further from the green armor from spawn #1. (thing 62)
- Along the south wall in the southern room, east of centre, facing north-east. Closest to the chaingun in this room. Right next to spawn #20, though facing away from it. (thing 64)
- Same as spawn #19, but west of centre and facing north-west, and so is closest to the rocket launcher in this room. Spawns #19 and #20 are 96 units apart. (thing 66)
- Near the south-east corner of the walkway, facing north. This is the closest spawn to the BFG, with a distance of just under 2200 units to cover, however this may become a heated race against spawn #11. (thing 74)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||2|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||1|
|Energy cell pack||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|