MAP22: Storm Approach - Dark City (10 Sectors)
|10 Sectors maps 21-30|
Get into the outdoor courtyard at the start and press the lion switch to open the doors to the north. Get back on the walkway and go through either door, being sure to pick up a super shotgun before stepping outside again. In this central area, take the lift up first and grab the yellow key. Go back down to ground floor and head west this time. A lift lowers as you approach, ride it up and turn right, following the walkway to a yellow switch. This switch opens the door you can see to the south. Run there and around to get the red key.
Backtrack to the center and go east, across the pool of mud. You will see a BFG9000 as you head across. Head behind it, ride either lift up, and follow the path to the blue skull key. Now go back to the center and take the central lift up. Take the blue door to the north for the final area. You will have to fight several enemies depending on your skill level, which can range from mancubi to a cyberdemon. The switch in the middle of the yard will open the door leading to the exit switch.
Other points of interest
There are a number of optional pickups if you need them:
- In the central area, to the southeast is a fence maze where you can acquire a megaarmor.
- There is an armor in the red key area.
- Before the mud pool leading to the blue key, you can take either side paths for a soul sphere and a rocket launcher.
- To get the BFG9000, take the lift south of the gun and then jump into the house. Take the lift on the south side of the house and then jump towards the wall. You will go through it, and the teleporter takes you to the BFG9000.
There are no official secrets in this level.
Areas / screenshots
As this level does not contain any secrets, the NM100S category is redundant.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||03:32||Albert Valls
Yashar Garibzadeh (GeminI)
|Valls' file is incorrectly named.|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 15, 2018.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 50)
- facing east. (thing 66)
- facing south-east. (thing 67)
- facing west. (thing 68)
- facing south. (thing 69)