MAP22: Trickster's Lair (Plutonia Revisited Community Project 2)
|PRCP2 maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP22. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP22.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP22: Trickster's Lair is the twenty-second map of Plutonia Revisited Community Project 2. It was designed by Jark and uses the music track "Carnage Cycle" by Immorpher.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the large pit at the east end, approaching the teleporter in the middle causes it to rise up permanently. Even when it has risen up, you can jump to the pillar where the teleporter was by jumping from the middle of the left ledge. This takes you to an energy cell pack. (sector 353)
- Go onto the ledge just south of the blue key. If you look at the blue key, you will see a BFG9000 to the north, but if you attempt to get it, the wall where the BFG9000 is closes. In order to get the BFG9000, go back to the ledge, so that you can see the BFG9000, then turn west. Shoot the skull in the distance with glowing red eyes, which will lower the window, allowing you to get the BFG9000. (sector 608)
- In the large pit at the east end, an arch-vile teleports to the high ledge on the west side. You need to keep this arch-vile alive and also reach the ledge itself. The arch-vile must be used to jump to the ledge south of this one, which leads to a lift going down. In this watery area, collect some pickups and use a switch to reveal a megaarmor. (sector 617)
- At the northeast switch, press it to lower it, but ride it up. Jump north through the bloodfall and head west to get the yellow key. After you get this key, head to the northwest part of the map and get out of the blood at the north end. Go west on the ledge, then jump southeast and open the yellow door. Take the teleporter to get a megasphere and boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 792)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on November 25, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: