MAP23: Elemental (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 21-30|
This map has a centerpiece where you start. It also contains the exit, but you must go through several trials in the four other sections in order to lower it. There are several megaspheres around the exit, use them if necessary. The four other sections are as follows:
- Northwest section: Most of this area is a network of underground sewers. The nukage is not damaging, but there are plenty of enemies inside, most of which are spectres.
- Northeast section: An open air section which seems empty at first, but after some trials you will raise up rocks so you can access what you need here. One particular rock area has large cracks and therefore is a lift that you can lower. After passing a trial here, be careful of cacodemons and lost souls as you move on to the next trial.
- Southwest section: Has a variety of setpieces. The main room is dark and most of the sections have hitscan zombies in them.
- Southeast section: The simplest section. Passing a trial here just involves pressing a switch at the end of an arena. But since it is an arena, you will have to fight monsters after pressing a switch. The arena expands as you pass trials elsewhere. You do not have to fight enemies solely in the arena after pressing each switch, instead you can save them for later if you choose.
From the start, only the northeast and southwest sections are open. Go to the southwest section. The only thing you can do here apart from getting Secret #1 is to press the switch on the wall. Doing so opens the southeast section, revealing a cacodemon and the first arena. The switch at the end here raises a bridge allowing access to the northwestern section. In this section's main room, you will notice a brown door with a bunch of gray doors. To open this door, press the switch on the northwestern wall. Now navigate the first tunnel until you find the switch here. Then go to the northeastern section. You can now use the large rock wall with cracks on it as a lift upwards. Ride it up and go southeast across the rocks to a cavern with a switch. After that, head to the southeast section to find the arena has expanded, and another switch is available. Hitting the gargoyle switch opens an area in the southwest section, go here and through the right path which is now open.
In this area with the basin full of blood, you may notice that some of the blood here is brighter than the others. What you need to do is approach the blood that is brighter and it will raise a bridge to the middle platform. Do this again to make it to the switch on the ledge. If you fall in the blood, use the ledge from where you came as a lift. Go back to the northeastern section and ride the lift up again. You can now head northwest thanks to another rock platform that formed when you pressed the switch in the blood basin. Follow the path to a switch and after pressing it head back to the northwestern section. A new door has opened here, go through here and find the next switch here, which further expands the southeastern arena. The next switch to press raises another rock in the northeastern section. Go up the lift again, going southeast and then northeast across the new rock, onto the spiralling passage to the next switch. Venture back to the southwest section after pressing it. You will find the southern passageway here is open. Here are a ton of monsters and a switch. Be wary of Hell knights and barons upon pressing it, then go back to the northwestern section. Find the new door open on the west wall and take this tunnel. You might find a door here, to open it, one of the dead-ends nearby has a switch to open it. In the next small room is the next big switch to press. This once again expands the arena in the southeast. The switch at the end opens up bars in the southwest section leading to the western area of that section. Go there, and climb the stairs to the next switch, returning to the northeast section once you press it. Take the lift up again, going northwest and then hopping across the newly-formed rocks. Follow the winding passage to a switch.
After this one, go back to the northwestern section for the next open passage through the sewers. This is the most vast of the sewer networks. Your goal here is to go through the doors near the far northwest. You need to press four switches around this network to do so. Once you find and press them all, go through these doors to an arachnotron and the next switch. Now go back to the southwestern section. The nearest door is open leading to a Dead Simple-type setup with mancubi. The switch in front lowers a wall of six arachnotrons, but also expands the arena in the southeast one final time (another note is that you are fully done with the southwestern section as well). Press the switch at the end of the large arena, and you should be done with the southeastern section for good unless you want to fight monsters in here. Head back to the northeastern section, going up the lift again. You have two choices of making it to the final switch in this area, but both involve the newly formed stepping stones you see. The switch opens up the final area in the northwestern section, go there, fighting the monsters and finding the switch on the pedestal here.
- Follow the trail of health bonuses down into the dark room with several red rocks. To get the energy cell pack on the leftmost rock, go to the torch and press the section of rock that is different to lower it. (sector 52)
- On your first trip to the sewer section, press the switch at the northwest end to open the brown door. Then go all the way until you reach the switch. Backtrack and head south, pressing the wall at the dead end to receive a berserk pack. (sector 105)
- On your second trip to the southwest section, the right path will be open. The brighter sections of blood here will rise up when you attempt to step over them from the ledge. Step south to raise the first blood walkway, then step to the east and continue to raise the blood up until you reach the BFG9000, energy cell packs, and megaarmor. (sector 88)
- On your second trip to the sewer section, once you find the switch, head all the way west and north, then press on the east wall to find a light amplification visor, a green armor, and a computer area map. (sector 97)
- On your fourth trip to the sewer section, enter the northernmost door and go west all the way, north all the way, west and south at the first fork, then at the switch press the north wall to get a light amplification visor. (sector 92)
- On your fourth trip to the sewer section, enter the northernmost door and go north at the first fork all the way to the north, then west and south at the first fork. At the dead end, press on the wall to the north to get a soul sphere. (sector 93)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||13:38.91||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2017-10-02||nd23-1338.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 12, 2022.