MAP23: Order Commons (Strife)
|Strife levels (13-14 & 20-25)|
Commons and Factory
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
The water pool in the yard of the tavern contains ten gold coins.
A person named Tevick sells shadow armors for 200 gold in the room north of the tavern. His barred door will open if you talk to the armorer and pay him 100 gold for "something different". Alternatively, you can wait until you have destroyed the acolyte converter in the factory, after which the door will open automatically when approached. There is even a third way to access the room. If you break the window at the northeast corner of the tavern, you can enter it and continue to Tevick's room by jumping over the gap to the window next to you. While the move requires accuracy, it is a way to meet Tevick early and free of charge. If you fail, you can land on the acolytes below without alerting them.
There are no official secrets on this level.
- The watch room in the east has a fake wall that hides a passage. Enter through the wall and go on until you find a dark room. The area holds a scanner, phosphorous grenades and three medical kits.
Southwest of the Medic's windows is a beggar (Thing 333) who can be spoken to. Some of his randomly-chosen lines are missing newlines, resulting in extraneous whitespace and some words being split between the right end of the screen and the left, suggesting that they were remnants of an earlier version of the dialog system that formatted its text differently. Any beggar would use the same lines if not placed in a level that overwrites them such as the Sewers, suggesting that this beggar was not intended to be in the level. The formatting of these lines was fixed in Strife: Veteran Edition.
The armorer who offers the "something else" option allowing you to visit Tevick is only supposed to offer this option for sale once, as the door opens and stays open permanently. However, his conversation scripts are buggy. After buying the option to visit Tevick, he will display once a different dialog where he offers a list of items without this option. Attempting to buy environmental suits from this menu results in being charged without having the item added to your inventory. After any purchase, he then erroneously returns to offering the "something else" option again, which can be bought at the waste of an additional 100 gold without any effect on the map.
A klaxon warning light (Thing 482) has no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so it does not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains twenty-five spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 141)
- facing north. (thing 142)
- facing north-east. (thing 143)
- facing south. (thing 144)
- facing north. (thing 145)
- facing south. (thing 146)
- facing south. (thing 147)
- facing west. (thing 148)
- facing north. (thing 149)
- facing west. (thing 150)
- facing south. (thing 151)
- facing south-east. (thing 152)
- facing west. (thing 153)
- facing north-west. (thing 154)
- facing south. (thing 155)
- facing south. (thing 156)
- facing north-west. (thing 157)
- facing south. (thing 158)
- facing east. (thing 159)
- facing south. (thing 160)
- facing west. (thing 161)
- facing north-east. (thing 162)
- facing south-east. (thing 163)
- facing west. (thing 164)
- facing south. (thing 165)
* The item is placed as a shop prop and is not meant to be taken by the player.