MAP23: Return (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 21-30|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun and super shotgun and drop to the ground, then turn right and climb the steps ahead to enter a green brick building with some imps. As soon as you enter, turn right and climb another staircase to a teleporter which will send you to the north-west side of the level which is guarded by various monsters, including a revenant and an arachnotron on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels. Head west and climb up a black staircase to confront a revenant waiting at the top, then follow the path past some shotgun guys and chaingunners until you reach a switch in the north-east corner of the building. Press the switch and head back along the path, climb up a gray staircase that has risen then turn round to see a green step - pressing the switch here will end the level.
Other points of interest
Enter the building west of the start point then head west up the steps to find a megaarmor along with a set of red bars, behind which you will find a box of shotgun shells and two radiation shielding suits guarded by an arch-vile. The red keycard can be found on a step in a neighboring room.
After teleporting to the north-west area of the level, follow the narrow walkway north to find a berserk pack.
- Go to the north-east corner of the lava caverns to find a rocket launcher. (sector 52) Finding this secret will reveal a teleporter to the south; approaching that teleporter will release a large number of cacodemons into the level, up to 36 on UV and NM.
- The rock with the plasma gun and rockets counts as a secret. You can jump here from the ledge to the south, or even the ledge to the north-west. (sector 58)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 257)
- facing north-east. (thing 258)
- facing north-east. (thing 259)
- facing south-west. (thing 260)
- facing south-west. (thing 261)