MAP23: The Crucible (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go straight and head left to the extreme west of the map. Walk on the bridge leading east. Press the marble switch to lower the lift. At the top, if you come closer to the another lift it will lower. Drop down when it is lowered to enter inside. Grab the blue skull key. A trap will open. Kill the baron of Hell and press the switch where he was. This will lower the lift again.
Return to the very starting place and open the blue door north east. Walk upstairs and inside press the switch. A trap behind you will open. It also contains soulsphere. Leave by walking downstairs and enter the southern alcove. Head left and walk the stairs. Enter the alcove and grab the red key. Leave this place through the blue door.
Now, with the red key you need to get to the southern side. To do this, from the starting place (north) go west and walk through the corridor leading south. In the south go to the very east. Head left and open the red door. Drop into the lava pool and open the door where you press the exit switch.
Other points of interest
This level has no official secrets.
- When you pick the blue key, a trap with baron of Hell opens. Inside this open the wall with baron art. Pickup box of rockets and a megasphere.
- When walking on the southern bridge, drop to the lava and head southeast to find an alcove. Inside it, take box of rockets, several armor bonuses and a rocket launcher.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 133)
- facing west. (thing 167)
- facing south. (thing 168)
- facing east. (thing 170)
- facing west. (thing 171)
- facing south-east. (thing 174)
- facing south. (thing 175)