MAP24: Culture Shock (Ancient Aliens)
|Ancient Aliens maps|
|One Last Vision Quest|
You're the Alien Now
MAP24: Culture Shock is the twenty-fourth map of Ancient Aliens. It was designed by Chris Kassap (lupinx-Kassman), with edits by Paul DeBruyne (skillsaw), and uses the music track "Imaginarium," composed by Stuart Rynn (stewboy). The par time is 7:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the first area, the switch in the garden closest to the rocket launcher opens up the cage with the super shotgun inside. Quickly run here to get it as well as stimpacks, a backpack, and shotgun shells. (sector 885)
- Open the red door and you should spot a target switch past the cage on the right. Shoot it and turn around towards the rope that's now available. You will wind up in a small bedroom with energy cell packs and a stimpack, as well as an armor and plasma rifle (but only on Hurt Me Plenty or higher). (sector 2407)
- In the first area, you may notice that one of the switches in one of the gardens requires the yellow key. Make your way to the area where the yellow key is located. When you do, turn around and climb up the tower that you previously climbed to open access to the yellow key. The top of this area had yellow bars before, but they should be gone now. From there, just backtrack all the way until you reach the yellow switch from before. This opens up a blocked tunnel near the rocket launcher. You will wind up in a dark room, where as you move forward, messages appear on the floor. Follow them to a room with a switch, and you will free the person from the nearby cage and claim a medikit and energy cell packs. More importantly, head south and the southeast corner has a BFG9000 and a teleporter back. (sector 3059)
At the red skull area, the switch lowers the red skull as well as a white block with a revenant inside, both for 10 seconds. If you stand inside this block as it rises, you will be unable to get out.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||07:44||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2016-08-24||aa24-744.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 16, 2018.
Inspiration and development
- After the map got onto the Top 100 Most Memorable Maps list, Chris Kassap wrote a forum post which reveals the backstory behind the location in the map, as well as a few development trivia.