MAP24: El abismo (Doom 2 in Spain Only)
|Doom 2 in Spain Only maps 21-30|
MAP24: El abismo is the twenty-fourth map of Doom 2 in Spain Only. It was designed by Richard Frei (Tarnsman) (credited as El Pedersen) as a recreation of E1L5: The Abyss from Duke Nukem 3D, originally designed by Richard "Levelord" Gray. It uses the music track "Serpiente fertiva," composed by James Paddock (Jimmy) under the alias of Ricky Martin. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the western cave before the first circle of flaming barrels, open the west wall to get a chainsaw. (sector 465)
- Enter the circle of flaming barrels mentioned above to teleport to another room. There, climb the rubble at the east side to get a box of rockets. (sector 53)
- In the same area, pick up the soul sphere. (sector 54)
- In the central lava cave, head on the west set of steps and head south. At the top, shoot the red wall and follow more rocks for a shortcut back to the first valley. (sector 30)
- In the central lava cave, head on the west set of steps and head south. At the top, get to the platform on the right and press the button to open up the lava at the east end. Go east to a cave with three soul spheres. (sector 75)
- Before the big demon door at the northeast end, press on the wall to the west and follow the path to energy cells and a soul sphere. (sector 448)
- A burning barrel (thing 42) will float above its glowing sector when the nearby revenant trap is activated. This may have been left in for comedic effect.
- At the end of the teleporter bridge is a flat bleed effect running from the steps to one of the poles of the bridge.
- Close to the flat bleed, one of the imps (thing 17) on the ledge above the blue keycard has a tendency to teleport underneath the ground and become impossible to kill with bullets, while still being able to block the player and attack with its claws. It can however be killed with rockets.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 290)
- facing south-east. (thing 291)
- facing north-east. (thing 292)
- facing north-west. (thing 293)
- facing south. (thing 294)