MAP24: Fortified Castle (1994 Tune-up Community Project)
|1994 Tune-up CP maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP24. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP24.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the second graveyard, press on the southeast grave with the red brick to reveal a corridor, which takes you to a grassy area with four big coffins. Go all the way south here to the back alleys, then head east and north until you can go left. Do so, and the wall will open up. Head through and the coffin will lower, revealing a green armor (not on Hurt Me Plenty) and a head on a stick. Make sure to grab the armor, then head back to the back alleys. Go west this time, and north until the first opening on your right. There will be an additional passage here with a backpack (not on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) and a door. This door leads to a room with a teleporter and two rockets. The teleporter takes you to the outside area at the southern part of the map. (sector 198)
- In the second graveyard, press on the northwest grave with the red brick to reveal a corridor. Press on the skull switch to lower two nearby lifts. Fall into the left one and open the door to find a medikit in front of a wall with a skull on it. If you open this wall, you will find an imp guarding a partial invisibility. (sector 237)
- Just before the teleporter to the graveyard, press on the wall with the window on it to find a box of ammo and a switch. Press this switch to lower the opposite wall. There will be imps on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower, otherwise Hell knights guarding stimpacks, shotgun shells, and depending on your skill level, a chaingun and a box of ammo (Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) or a rocket launcher and a box of rockets (other skill settings). (sector 269)
- When you first reach the graveyard, find the grave that has gray rock instead of brown. Press on the tombstone here to reveal a berserk pack. (sector 283)
- Go to the southeast corner of the yellow key area to find a cave passage leading to a box of shotgun shells and a box of ammo. (sector 515)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 15, 2018.