MAP24: Hell's Honeycomb (Speed of Doom)
|Speed of Doom maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP24. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP24.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- On the northwest branch of the cavern, look on your right for a small passage shooting straight east where you can fall in. Follow the lava passage using the radsuit, dispatch the baron of Hell, and grab the megaarmor. (sector 963)
- Once you've grabbed the blue key, look on the right where a mancubus ambushed you. There is a cache with medikits, boxes of rockets, energy cells and boxes of shotgun cells. (sector 964)
- Head east on the northern branch from the start. Before reaching the square turn with the arch-vile faces on black marble, follow the cavern to your right. If you follow the blood, you can drop down to find an energy cell pack guarded by an arch-vile. (sector 1113)
- Go back to the black marble faces. One of them has a different eye. Use it (any key will do) to open a teleport to the left, enter it, and in this narrow hallway, grab the megasphere at the end and fight off the cyberdemon with the BFG9000 and energy cell packs you teleported on top of. (sector 971)
- North of Secret #4, after you fight off the ambush for the lion switch, look in the red compartments. One of the walls doesn't quite reach the ceiling: lower it to get the soulsphere behind the UAC entrance desk. (sector 965)
- Inside the yellow key arena, the hexagon furthest to the west is made of square tiles instead of natural rock. Lower it, then drop down to get stimpacks, a medikit and armor. Use the technology wall to get out. (sector 959)
- On the southernmost cavern branch heading due east, when you get to the end, how down the red rock platforms above the blood sump to find a box of rockets (actually seven boxes for 35 rockets). (sector 525)
- The BFG9000 near the start can be accessed once you get enough keys.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:06.63||2022-11-01||sd24p-206.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||7:56.43||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-09-28||sd24-756.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 17, 2022.