MAP24: Hidden Facets (10 Sectors)
|10 Sectors maps 21-30|
This map makes use of monsters silently teleporting into different areas. Be on your guard here, as you will not audibly hear them teleport unless they teleport right next to you. The main thing to do here is to raise the bridge leading to the north part of the map. As with MAP21: Crunch!, you have to press several switches in different portions of the map. You only need to press about five of them to proceed to the northern part of the map. Several revenants and arch-viles will guard the exit.
- The northeastern section has chaingunners, arachnotrons, imps, and a cyberdemon. The switch to press is in the blood, in a small alcove to the north.
- The southeastern section has a switch, although it is not entirely noticeable at all. The Hell knights in the metal enclave guard a wall which acts like a switch, and if you go south, you will find a switch that teleports back to the starting point and some chaingunners teleport on the pillars.
- A switch is directly south of the starting point, next to some barrels which triggers an arch-vile in the central area.
- The southwestern section has a hall where cacodemons silently teleport onto nine squares at the entrance of this section. The corridor at the southern end of the hall leads to the switch, guarded by revenants and mancubi.
- There is actually a hidden switch in the same room above. If you find the torch that is smaller than the others, you can use it.
- The northwestern section is considerably tough, with spectres, revenants, chaingunners, barons of Hell, and a cyberdemon. The switch is on the platform with barons, but it is not easily accessible. You need to kill the cyberdemon, and then head through the teleporter behind him to reach the switch.
- One of the gargoyle switches near the cyberdemon in the northwestern section of the map has cut-off sides. This one functions as a switch.
Other points of interest
In the northeastern section of the map, it is possible to get the plasma gun and also possible to telefrag the cyberdemon. It involves the bloodfall to the southeast. Head through the bloodfall on the left side and you can telefrag the cyberdemon, and head through it on the right side to get the plasma gun.
To get the partial invisibility in the northwestern section, right near where the cyberdemon is, is a misaligned marble wall. Press on it to teleport onto the powerup.
Pressing all seven of the switches needed to reach the northern part of the map will allow you to get the megasphere on the side of the bridge.
There are no official secrets in this level.
Areas / screenshots
As this level does not contain any secrets, the NM100S category is redundant.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:13||Wim Vanrie||2000-12-29||ts24s013.lmp|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 15, 2018.