MAP24: La Casa del Diablo (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 21-30|
At the start you are surrounded by imps. The bars behind you can be lowered by two switches, seen from the ground floor where you start. To get them, follow both paths to the south, which eventually turn northward. Hitting the switches at the end allows access to the northern door. Behind this door is a main, circular chamber. In the middle lies a cyberdemon. You have a choice of two paths, left or right. Go right first, and take the stairs to your northwest into a large, red area with a basin of blood. Try to avoid the blood here as it is damaging, and navigate around the red wall to an opening northward. In the next semi-circular room, head across the thin, rocky wall, all the way to a tunnel where you will eventually find the red skull key at the end. Grabbing it also opens the bar in front of you. Now take the western path in the big circular room, and past the door, climb the steps to the next ledge. Enter the shack in the center (being mindful of the crusher) and you will find a small switch. Pressing this one opens the northern door. You will find yet another circular area. Step across the slime and up the steps to the north door here. Go north, and a lift should lower for you. Go up here and grab the chainsaw, watching out for heavy weapon dudes in the windows behind you. Press the switch here, then go back to the outdoor circular area to find the eastern passage accessible.
You will find a teleporter and another room. Before taking the teleporter, press the switch to the south to allow access from the main circular chamber. Also, if you have not killed the cyberdemon in the center of the chamber yet, be careful if you decide to enter the teleporter now, as you will be in close range of him. You can get the yellow key in the center. Now you can go and grab a few optional items if you need them. Behind the yellow bar on the western path, you can grab a plasma gun. Back at the start is a yellow bar with a soul sphere. You can get a megaarmor from the eastern path. Do note that the yellow key is optional however. Now go back to the room north of the main chamber taking the red bars and up a lift. Go all the way north into the final chamber. Here, go to the northwest, dropping into a divot with a switch. Press it to rise back up, and reveal a spider mastermind and the blue key. Now go northeast to the blue door to exit.
- Head to the southwest at the start. In the next room, use the northeast corner with blood under it to find a lot of health bonuses. (sector 107)
- Once you have the yellow key, head back to the main hub and open the east door. Take the steps in the southwest down and open the yellow bar. In the room that follows, press on the side of the pillar with the lion emblem on it to lower the megaarmor, while an arch-vile appears in the hallway. Back in the hallway, press on the south wall to open it, then follow the path all the way to the upper ledge where you can get a computer area map and a medikit. (sector 210)
- At the switch room in the northwest part of the map, go to the backside of the switch to find a lion switch. After pressing it, backtrack to the room with three skulls on a pillar and head west. The teleporter at the end takes you to a berserk pack. (sector 235)
- Open the red bars and take the lift up. In the next area, step onto the teleporter with the megasphere to have an arch-vile warp in. Jump up to the ledge above and press on the wall underneath the satyr marking to reveal a passage leading up to a teleporter. You will telefrag the cyberdemon (mancubus on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) in the yellow key area if you have not killed it already. (sector 353)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.