MAP24: Necromanteion (Doom 2 Reloaded)
|Doom 2 Reloaded maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP24. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP24.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the start, drop into the lava and go east then south and getting medikits, a megaarmor, lots of ammo, and a computer area map. (sector 46)
- Just before the final horde of enemies, a chaingunner can be spotted in a small alcove along with a plasma gun. Use the metal beam next to this alcove to lower it, then ride it up to collect the plasma gun. (sector 374)
- At the west side, a green torch produces light shining on the west wall. Go past the green torch until an arch-vile (or demon on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) attacks you from behind, then go back to the torch room to find a new opening. This area has lots of ammo as well, along with a partial invisibility, a soul sphere, and a teleporter, which actually takes you to a space behind where the monster had attacked you from. (sector 413)
- In the northeast corner, press on the blue torch to lower into a secret area with lots of ammo and a megasphere. (sector 433)
- At the start, get across the bridge, then look through the window in the northwest and shoot the wall with the gargoyle face to open it. Now until you reach the opening you shot at, you need to shoot other walls with gargoyle faces on them to reach the next secret. There are eight in total:
- In the southeast corner where all the monsters come from, there is one behind the middle column.
- When you cross across the poles above lava, a closet behind you opens with monsters. A gargoyle face is on the south wall.
- In the same area as above, a gargoyle face is on the north wall above the lava.
- A gargoyle face is just before to the area with the crushers.
- The next one is located in Secret #3 behind the teleporter.
- Past Secret #3, there will be a section where chaingunners will attack you through a wall (they can open it from there to surprise you, but you can also open this wall too). A gargoyle face is on the back wall.
- In the southwest corner just before the white hall where the opening is, there is a gargoyle face to shoot.
- After shooting seven gargoyle faces, enter the opening in the white wall and look back through the window one last time to spot the last gargoyle face.
- Once you shoot all eight gargoyle switches, the walls blocking the secret will be cleared. On the other side is a BFG9000 along with lots of ammo and two medikits. Taking the steps up leads to a megaarmor and a shortcut to the southwest corner. (sector 462)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 57)
- facing south. (thing 81)
- facing south. (thing 180)
- facing south-west. (thing 220)
- facing west. (thing 286)
- facing west. (thing 370)
- facing south-west. (thing 373)
- facing north. (thing 378)
- facing east. (thing 379)
- facing west. (thing 380)
- facing north. (thing 385)
- facing west. (thing 388)