MAP24: Outpost of the Evil Dead (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 21-30|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Kill all the enemies in and around the area at the start. You will need to reach the northeast part of the map, where a door will open with revenants inside. Follow the hall to a room with a switch at the bottom. Pressing it causes some revenants and imps to teleport above you, and a mancubus to teleport right in the depression. Kill the enemies and use the lift to go back up. The adjacent room is similar, but now the blue key is available. Look out for teleporting enemies again, as well as the cyberdemon from the bars ahead, then ride the lift back up. Return to the starting room and head for the southeast corner, killing any monsters you come across along the way. Open the blue door and go southward, going up a stair set and down into a nukage river. On the right side of the river is a switch you can press, opening up the passage on the other side. Follow this passage all the way around until you get the red keycard. Keep going, opening up two red doors and killing mancubi, until you reach a lift going downward to a switch. This switch raises a bridge connecting the starting area to the door across, with the BFG9000 pillar in the middle. Grabbing the BFG9000 causes the door to open, and there is a cyberdemon on the other end (if you did not kill him yet, which is likely). Kill him now and then head for the exit door, where a lone revenant guards the exit.
Other points of interest
The lift in the west of the hallway in the north of the northern red door can only be lowered from the bottom, so once you rode the lift up you need to go on. (On hard skill levels there is just a mancubus up here.) Ride another lift down to access the platform in the northeast of the nukage pool you saw when the map started.
- As soon as you enter this platform, a wall (sector 474) in the northern part of the hallway surrounding the nukage pool will lower, blocking access to the northern part of the map including both soul spheres and all items you left there.
- So better loot the northern part of the map before entering that lift.
- Go south from the map start to find another, smaller nukage pool. Drop down and grab the plasma gun in the western wall's alcove to register the secret. Open the back wall to find a partial invisibility and a teleporter that brings you back to the chaingun.
- In the room with the blue keycard is a column with blue lights that when pressed will open the wall in its front, in which you will find a teleporter that leads to the pillar with the soul sphere in the patio.
Both sides of the blue key door (linedefs 957 and 958) are set as upper unpegged, causing the door textures to not move with the door itself when it opens and closes.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:17||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-02-15||p224-017.zip|
|UV max||06:26||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2010-07-23||p224-626.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:21||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-07-01||p224p021.zip|
Last updated on June 14, 2013.
|UV speed TAS||00:16||Light Speed||2012-01-15||p224-016.zip|
|UV -nomonsters TAS||00:15||Hock||2011-03-14||p224o015.zip|
Last updated on June 14, 2013.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 204)
- facing south. (thing 205)
- facing west. (thing 206)
- facing north. (thing 207)
- facing south. (thing 208)
Inspiration and development
- A possible name for this map during development was Out of Our Sight.