MAP25: Alpha Scorpii Supercluster (NOVA III)
|NOVA III maps|
Lunar base maps
This level occupies the map slot MAP25. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP25.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP25: Alpha Scorpii Supercluster is the twenty-fifth map of NOVA III. It was designed by Seongbae Park (antares031) and uses the music track "Stardust," composed by Tristan Clark.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the start, press on the wall with blue lights on your left to find a chainsaw. (sector 76)
- Press on the right wall in Secret #1 to find a super shotgun, shotgun shells, and a backpack. (sector 2503)
- From the starting hub, take the south path up the steps and open the west door. Head to the super shotgun, then look northeast to spot arrows pointing to a window. Use the window to lower it, then jump to the east to get a berserk pack. (sector 236)
- At the south end of the complex in a room with a chaingun, use the northwest door to reach a plasma gun, then use the wall to the south of the plasma gun to find energy cells and an energy cell pack. (sector 1078)
- In the large area where the red key is located, use the door on the west side, then in the intersection go to the southeast wall and use it to find a computer area map. (sector 1759)
- Open the door to the left of the red switch and use the northeast wall in the room to find a soul sphere. (sector 1756)
- In the large outdoor area at the northeast end of the map, go to the northwest to the teleporter that takes you to the blue key. From here, make a running jump to the platform that has revenants on it, then onto the rock that has a dead cacodemon. Keep going right and make a jump to a rock that has a mancubus (not on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower) to reach a megasphere. (sector 2218)
- Head to the southeast structure in the northeast part of the map. Make your way to the east side of the structure where you will find a switch. Using it lowers the structure. Enter the middle to teleport to a BFG9000. (sector 1739)
- When you have both the blue and yellow keys, go to where the red switch was and go a bit left of there to the blue bars. Use the switch to reach the BFG9000 inside, then flip the hidden switch here to teleport to a megasphere. (sector 2518)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||14:46.51||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2020-04-16||n325-1446.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
This map has 999 monsters (Lost Souls excluded), 99 items and 9 secrets total.