MAP25: Bastille Bowser (Super MAYhem 17)
|Super MAYhem 17 maps 21-26|
MAP25: Bastille Bowser is the twenty-fifth map of Super MAYhem 17. It was designed by Justin Kelly (Breezeep) and uses the music track "Bloody Tears," originally composed by Kenichi Matsubara for Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, and remixed and sequenced to MIDI by David Esposito.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Other points of interest
- Head up the steps on the northeast side of the map and go west a bit. To your left, you can spot a small arrow pointing southward. Drop off, then retrace your steps back up and then to the northeast corner. Take the teleporter before it rises to reach a berserk pack. (sector 155)
- Go around the crates west of the green switch at the southwest end of the map to find a P-switch, which will teleport you to a field with a BFG9000. (sector 774)
- At the west section of the map, take the lift in the northeast up. Go up the steps and just at the last step, use the wall to the south for a lift leading up to a box of rockets and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 807)
- When you cross to the southern portion of the map, go around the structure and find the yellow wall at the south end. Use it to get a lift leading upward to the structure, then turn southeast and press on the damaged section of wall. The switch here will teleport you to a field with a megaarmor. (sector 808)
You may spot Bowser in the window on the north side of the map. Although his sprite is there, he is inaccessible, and since he counts towards the kills total, you are not able to achieve 100% kills on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
The vertex count is based on the mayhem17_updatev1.wad bug fix release.
Inspiration and development
In the bug fix released on June 9, 2019, an additional mayhem17_updatev1.wad applied two "critical fixes" to this level.
- Marcaek (9 June 2019). . Doomworld forums. Retrieved 10 June 2019.