MAP25: Bitter Harvest (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 21-30|
Head forth into the dark intersection and go north. Pick up the backpacks on the pentagram symbol and this will reveal a teleporter in the middle of the intersection along with a revenant. Take the teleporter. In this chamber, the structure directly in front of you has three switches. Two of the switches require keys, so press the one that is directly in front to lower a wall up the stairs to the south. In the next room, find the two goat faces with pentagrams on them. They are on the north wall and you will notice buttons on the heads of these faces. Press both of them to access the blue skull key. You will reveal some Hell knights and barons of Hell when you grab it, and also a wall blocks your escape. To leave, press the switch on the eastern side to lower one of the columns which acts as a teleporter. Back at the chamber, press the switch on the west side which is a blue switch, then climb the stairs and go northwest to a new teleporter. You will wind up in a circular slimy area with several passageways. Head through the west door, following the path to a switch which exposes you to some more barons. Head northeast following the path until you are back to the circular area where a passage north is open. You cannot open the north door here, so just follow the path west grabbing the red key and entering the next teleporter. You will wind up back in that familiar chamber, so press the red key switch on the eastern side and go up and go northeast to the next teleporter. Go down the next path, where you can open that door you could not open earlier. But keep going down the path anyways, past six Hell knights to the circular area again. The central structure should open up revealing an arch-vile and a switch. This switch lowers a rocky wall to the southeast. The teleporter here takes you to a large arena with two cyberdemons, two cacodemons, and several rising and falling platforms. You need to shoot two switches, one in the northeast and one in the southwest, to open the exit. You need to wait and then ride a platform up to where you can visibly shoot each switch.
- Descend the stairs at the start and turn right towards the candelabras. Press on the wall between them to find a light amplification visor. (sector 254)
- Grabbing the blue key opens the two walls to the side. To the left is a table. Press on the side of the table with the eye in front of it, which will have scratches on the side, then leave the room. Go to the structure with three switches and press on the left side to open the northwest teleporter. There will be a soul sphere here as well. (sector 394)
- In the slimy area with passages, once you open the north passage, take it and turn left, going southwest. In the room with health bonuses, press on the southeast corner to open the northwest wall, where you will find a box of rockets and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 286)
- In the room with the structure with three switches, there is a megasphere on the top of the structure. Once you have the red key, you can exit this area through the northeast teleporter. In the hall that follows, there are two windows on the right. Jump out of the second one into the lava, and a wall to the left will have lowered. Quickly get on and ride it up, then enter the dark passage to be teleported to the megasphere.
Areas / screenshots
The barons trap
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||07:53||Vladimir Monakhov (skepticist)||2010-03-29||ndcpmax.zip||1|
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.