MAP25: Bloodfalls (Doom II)
|Doom II maps 21-30|
From the starting area, walk eastward, dropping into the shaft ahead of you. Continue forward (the blood below you is harmful) out into the large round courtyard. Walk around the blood "fountain" and lower the gray wall, actually an elevator, proceeding into the cave behind it. Continue to the end of the cave and go through the teleporter.
In the next area, pick up the blue skull key in front of you and snipe at the enemies below to clear your path. When you are done, drop into the blood and climb the stairs from the top platform. From here, you can run along the platforms to the north to get a megasphere if you wish. Either way, go through the door to the south, down the stairs, and into the teleporter.
Back in the starting area, drop down the shaft ahead of you once again. Lower the gray wall in the courtyard again, but ride it back up this time. Continue along the ledge to the blue door in the south. Kill all the enemies in the next room, then continue down the stairs to the lift. Ride it up and proceed along the path to the next lift. Once inside the green marble area, get the items in the watery alcoves to the left and right if you wish, then lower the wall ahead (another lift). You will now find yourself in a dark outdoor area with seven columns surrounding a square structure. Find the switch on one of these columns to lower the wall of the square structure. Step into the teleporter beneath the floating cube of water inside to exit the level.
- After getting the blue key, drop down into the pit of blood and walk up the stairs and through the door at the top. About halfway down the stairs behind this door is a green-paneled wall on the left. (sector 22) Behind it are two energy cell packs and 4 shotgun shells. Alternative way: At the starting room of the level, drop down via the north bloodfall, avoiding the teleporter, and cross the square blood pit. You will be in the first hall, and the aforementioned green-paneled wall is just east from you.
- After riding the lift behind the blue door, turn left and continue to hug the left wall until you reach a solid (undecorated) grey wall. Open it to find a BFG9000 on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or lower; the secret is empty on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare, but it still counts. (sector 101)
- At the starting room of the level, drop down via the east bloodfall and avoid the teleporter. The bloodfall to your right (south from you on the automap) is a false wall and you can pass through it. It hides enemies (you will hear them awaken as you pass the false bloodfall), as well as three barrels which can be used to dispose of the enemies more easily. At the end of the hidden passage is a chaingun and a megaarmor (or armor on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare).
The following things have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level:
- a multiplayer rocket launcher (Thing 63) behind secret #1,
- a box of shotgun shells (113) on the walkway surrounding the eastern courtyard,
- a pool of blood (121) in the same courtyard,
- three medikits (183, 184 and 185) around the fountain in the courtyard,
- a BFG9000 (186) next to the same fountain.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||00:43||Adam Hegyi||2000-08-28||lv25-043.zip|
|NM speed||00:52||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2003-05-11||nm25-052.zip|
|UV max||01:29||Anders Johnsen||2003-01-10||lv25-129.zip|
|UV -fast||01:45||Henning Skogstø||2000-02-19||fa25-145.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:30||Radek Pecka||2003-01-13||re25-130.zip|
|UV Tyson||12:13||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2002-07-30||ty251213.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:46||Jaromir Cihak (Jacih)||2000-07-24||pa25-046.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 5, 2020.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 227)
- facing south-east. (thing 228)
- facing north-west. (thing 229)
- facing north-west. (thing 230)
- facing west. (thing 234)
- facing north-west. (thing 235)
The official French name of this level is Les Chutes de sang.
- Top-down perspective view of all Doom II levels by Ian Albert