MAP25: Cow Face (Kama Sutra)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
|Kama Sutra maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP25. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP25.
MAP25: Cow Face is the twenty-fifth map of Kama Sutra. It was designed by Adolf Vojta and uses Mark Klem's "Dry Rot", the music of Requiem's MAP18: Base of Thorn and MAP23: Hatred. The version of "Dry Rot" used in this level plays at a slower tempo for unknown reasons.
- 1 Inspiration and development
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Speedrunning
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Inspiration and development
Adolf Vojta's comments from the text file:
- I thought I would do a map similar to HR map 25, but the result seems rather different and Radeg said it reminds HR map 32. So it's probably inspired by both of them. The name of the map is strange but when I watched it on the automap... I saw there a face of cow so why not to use it as a title? :)
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- The sector where the player gets teleported to from the starting one is marked as secret, and cannot be missed. (sector 9)
- You can get stuck in sector #285 if the arch-vile that teleports behind you make you archie-jump in its place before its death.
- I also got stuck in the extreme south-left of sector #106.
Areas / screenshots
The BFG9000 niche
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:01.29||E.M.||2021-09-21||ks25p001.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|NM speed||0:00.46||Mickael Girard||2010-03-22||ks25n046.zip|
|NM 100S||0:41.03||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-08-22||ks25s041.zip|
|UV -fast||4:22.51||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-28||ks25f422.zip|
|NoMo||0:18.89||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2015-04-19||ks_nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 516)
- facing south-east. (thing 518)
- facing south-west. (thing 519)
- facing south-west. (thing 520)
- facing south-east. (thing 521)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
- Kama Sutra maps 21-30 (archived 🏛) on KS team website
- Kama Sutra demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive