MAP25: Hell's Park (Perdition's Gate)
|Perdition's Gate maps|
|World of the Ancients|
|World of Wonders|
MAP25: Hell's Park is the twenty fifth map of Perdition's Gate.
Plot: The slaughter areas. Rivers of blood flow throughout. Slowly you follow one of the rivers branching off on a possible shortcut.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
A red locked door is directly behind your start location. Jump down off the ledge you begin on to cause stairs to raise in front of you leading up to the blood ledge.
Head to the far end of this ledge/room where there is a pyramid of pillars with an arch-vile at the top and head down one of the small corridors either side of the pyramid, which both lead around the back of the pyramid and merge, where you will find the red key.
Head back to the blood and run over the pedestal the super shotgun sits on to cause the stairs, pyramid and ledge you started on to briefly lower. Quickly run back to the start ledge before it raises again (if you fail, run over the pedestal again) and open the red door before the ledge raised back up. Here is the exit.
Other points of interest
- In the bottom left corner of the map is a secret door, behind which is a megasphere. (sector 43)
- The area around the pedestal the super shotgun sits on counts as a secret. (sector 30)
- When you run over the pedestal to cause everything to lower, quickly run to the pyramid and ride the top most part back up. You will find yourself in an alcove above the red key. Directly opposite is a platform containing a BFG9000, that you can jump to from here. (sector 5)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 2)
- facing north-west. (thing 11)
- facing south-east. (thing 12)
- facing east. (thing 13)
- facing south. (thing 14)