MAP25: Tribulation (Hellcore)
|Hellcore maps 21-30|
This level occupies the map slot MAP25. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP25.
MAP25: Tribulation is the twenty-fifth map of Hellcore. It was designed by Devon West (Darkfyre) and uses the music track "".
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Open the red door and in the next area flip the switch to the north to open the south door. Take the lift down and head south and west towards the teleporter, but do not enter the teleporter. When you approach it, a wall behind you lowers allowing you to head further southward. You will see a soul sphere, but approaching it blocks it off and reveals a BFG9000 and four arch-viles instead. Grabbing the BFG9000 reveals a medikit behind you, which counts as the secret. Note that you are not able to reach the soul sphere when it closes off. (sector 247)
- In the southeast courtyard with the path going northeast, you can lower the walls of the western platform with an arch-vile on it. Ride the wall up to find a blur artifact. (sector 115)
- Jump into the pool with the spider masterminds and take the lift up and enter the teleporter at the top. In the next area (which is near the starting one), grab the plasma gun, eliminate the demons, and take the next teleporter. You will be back on the water north from where the spider masterminds were, with a teleporter to the northwest allowing you to progress. Ignore the teleporter for now and instead keep going west, through the waterfall and following the winding path to a switch. Flip it and return to the pool with the spider masterminds. Now go to the southeast corner to pick up a soul sphere. (sector 162)
The soul sphere in Secret #3 becomes permanently inaccessible once you approach it, meaning that only 66% items is possible on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||10:35.14||J. Learn Shiore||2011-01-16||hc25-1035.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 164)
- facing south. (thing 165)
- facing south-west. (thing 166)
- facing west. (thing 167)
- facing west. (thing 172)
- facing south. (thing 181)
- facing south. (thing 190)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: