MAP25: Valley of Echoes (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 21-30|
MAP25: Valley of Echoes is the twenty-fifth map of the first release of Alien Vendetta. It was designed by Anders Johnsen. It uses the music track of Heretic's E1M9: The Graveyard. In the second release of the megawad, this map was removed and replaced with MAP24: Clandestine Complex, with MAP24: Demonic Hordes moved to the MAP25 slot.
- Head west from the start, going down the first set of steps but not the second. Go north all the way to the lift and the switch, which controls the lift. Take the lift down into the blood and press on the bloodfall to reveal a cave with shotgun shells, partial invisibility, a radiation suit, a soul sphere, a computer area map, and a berserk pack. (sector 205)
- At the start, walk through the fences and go south to the open area with blood and chaingunners. Enter the northwest teleporter to reach the west platform. There are two torches here. Press on the torch with the light at its base to open a corridor that leads to a megasphere. (sector 351)
- At the start, walk through the fences and go south to the open area with blood and chaingunners. Enter the northeast teleporter to reach the east platform. There are two torches here. Press on the torch with the light at its base to open a corridor that leads to a BFG9000. (sector 431)
- In the large barren valley, go to the northwest part of the valley. There is a darker shade of rock here that can be opened, revealing arch-viles, energy cell packs, and two teleporters. The one immediately accessible leads to the high ledge with imps, and the other one leads to the high ledge with demons. (sector 285)
- When you reach the large, water-filled valley, get on the rock ledge with the fence instead of dropping straight down. Follow it to the dam and cross over, then onto the next rock ledge with the mancubi. Run through the nearby waterfall and follow it all the way to a soul sphere. (sector 329)
- At the exit, look north to spot five waterfalls hiding a hole. Drop in and use the teleporter to reach the top of the mountain outside the exit room, allowing you to get a megasphere and an energy cell pack. (sector 349)
Areas / screenshots
Anders Johnsen, the map's author, considered it "the least playable and worst looking map in AV", which is why it was the one chosen to be replaced in the megawad's second release.