MAP26: Argon (32in24-5)
MAP26: Argon is the twenty-sixth map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Elric Sullivan (Fisk) and Blair Cahue (killingblair), and uses the music track "un18.mid," an unused Doom music track composed by Robert Prince.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- At the north end of the main area, facing south. No weapons, better luck next time! This spawn is also vulnerable to telefrags from players who have gone for the BFG9000. (thing 1)
- On the west elevated section, facing east. A super shotgun is available 560 units to the east. (thing 4)
- On the east elevated section, facing west. A super shotgun is available 560 units to the west. (thing 5)
- At the south end of the main area, facing north. No weapons, enjoy a pistol duel with spawn #1. (thing 41)
- In the north-west corner of the main area, facing south-east. Gets a shotgun on spawn. This is the best placed spawn for the BFG, as it is right next to the door to the hallway that leads there. (thing 42)
- In the north-east corner of the main area facing south-west. Gets a shotgun on spawn. (thing 43)
- In the south-west room, facing south-west. A chaingun and super shotgun are available here. (thing 44)
- In the south-east corner of the map, facing north-west. A super shotgun is available 592 units to the north-west. (thing 47)
Note: For spawns #1 and #4, the closest weapons are those that belong to other spawn points, with both spawns being the same distance from the super shotguns near spawns #2 and #3. Spawn #1 may also try to take the shotguns of either spawn #5 and #6, or run for the BFG9000. In practice though, this may only be reliable in smaller games: Games with more players will see each individual spawn point see continuous use, and it will be difficult for these players to reach a weapon before being knocked out by others.
Areas / screenshots
|4 shotgun shells||6|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||3|