MAP26: Beneath a Festering Moon (BTSX-E2)
|Back to Saturn X E2 maps 24-26 & 31|
MAP26: Beneath a Festering Moon is the twenty-sixth and final proper level of the second episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Xaser Acheron, who also composed the music track, "Angry Science." In the official add-on version, this level's name is Angry Science, taken from its track title.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the "submerged" southwest quarter on the map, which contains three similar and connected rooms with coolant waterfalls that create a pool with a column in the centre, the waterfall in the medium height level room (in the northeast room) can be passed through and contains a teleporter to a large flesh-ridden zone (sector 1260) with a backpack, a megaarmor, a soul sphere, a lot of ammo, and a big ambush by several arachnotrons and spiderdemons with revenant snipers at the edges of the coolant lake. The teleporter in the center takes you back to the regular map.
- Inside secret #1, a small passage (sector 508) can be found in the southernmost part of the arena, behind the fountain of damaging coolant, containing an invulnerability.
- Right after the entrance of the building decorated with red runes all over the walls, veer to the left and you'll spot a damaged wall with some broken bricks on the floor. The bricks are climbable, so hop on then and into the hole in the wall (sector 905) to find an armor.
- In the cavernous section leading to the vortex machine that contains the end of the level, the computer area map can be easily spotted on a ledge. Immediately before is a very big and deep hole with highly damaging lava at the bottom. There is a small entrance along this hole you can drop to (hint: the floor of the entrance can be seen without dropping down with proper positioning and high gamma correction levels) to access a secret lift (sector 746) that takes you to the map.
- In the final area of the level past the vortex machine, an invulnerability can be seen in a fenced off balcony, but the door to access it is locked. Press on the tan wall directly opposite the locked door to lower it and access a series of narrow passages, at the end of which there is a sharp bend with a switch on a pillar and a soul sphere further ahead. Pressing the switch will unlock the door to the balcony (sector 887) with the invulnerability. Collecting it will teleport you directly to the area of the final fight in front of the vortex machine.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.